PDA

View Full Version : Plastic bags or waste water?

ecogirl
11-27-2008, 03:39 PM
I need peoples help! For bins would you rather put plastic bags in them or clean them with water?

Sinfonian
11-27-2008, 04:57 PM
What kind of bins are we talking about? Growing bins? Trash bins? Recycling bins? Worm bins?

We don't line much with plastic bags, other than our kitchen garbage can. But to each their own.

gardengirl72
11-28-2008, 11:46 AM
You know those Brits, it for trash Rich. And reality with a proper composting and recycling system you should never put plastic in your Trash Can(Yankstyle).

I haven't made it to this level yet...I am close:)though!

plantoneonme
11-28-2008, 06:31 PM
In our dity we don't have a choice...if we don't put our trash in plastic bags, they won't dump it out of the cans. They claim too much gets spilled and it is hazardous to the workers. Luckily my husband and I usually only have 1 bag a week since we recycle and compost as much as we can.

Kim

Elle
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm fairly certain that we're required by our county to use a liner. Just thinking about some of the things that could be hazardous for the workers.

Honestly, we're down to a bag per week.. and this week (yay!) we're not even putting a can to the curb!! The family did such a fantastic job composting and recycling that there's only a scant amount in the garbage can!

Sinfonian
05-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Ah, yes. Well, inside all our little cans have some sort of liner that we tie off and toss. We have a municipal trash can (smallest they offer) that we never fill.

Too bad we can't recycle the plastic bags. We at least reuse them as much as possible.

And of course I only compost veggie waste and used paper products (for browns). Hehe I jammed our shredder on newspaper.

Good luck!

ecogirl
05-03-2009, 01:25 PM
lol! Hope you didn't bust your shredder!