PDA

View Full Version : Intro

curranbound
11-27-2008, 10:47 PM
HI, from Michigan! My name is Amber, I currently garden and raise rabbits. I am also in process of trying to get our village council to change current ordinance to allow a few laying hens, so hopefully things will go well and I will get to have a few hens next year!
I have 20 acres I have recently purchased and am going to begin building on this spring. We are building completely off grid, and going with a straw bale design. This next year ought to be very interesting for me, I hope to learn from everyone and share what I know ( and will be learning the hard way, LOL!)

Sinfonian
11-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Wow, you're a busy bee! That's amazing. Very good goals.

I can't wait to follow all you're doing. Keep up the posts please.

Welcome!

gardengirl72
11-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Welcome Amber. It is great to have some more cold climate folks around. I am super into what you are doing. The property you are developing sounds like you are living my dream. I want so bad to get more rural community and create a completely off grid and self sustaining farm.

Thank you and welcome to our community.

plantoneonme
11-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Amber,

Where in Michigan are you building? I live just outside of Detroit but get up north frequently. Would love to see you home someday when it is done. Please let us know how things go during the process.

Kim

MoniDew
11-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Welcome! Glad you found us!

curranbound
11-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

plantoneonme-We are building in Curran, it is just north of Glennie.