PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Again

Cynthia
12-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I finally got my Ashford Joy wheel out over Thanksgiving and started spinning again. It was slow going initially. But thanks to Heather at our local fiber store (Rosewood Yarns if you are in the area) I am happily spinning and even plied some yarn this evening. I am going to do another pound of plain marino and then dig into the marino-silk roving I bought at our fiber fest.

Anyone else spinning these days?

gardengirl72
12-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I am trying to convince my husband to by me some Buffalo right now. I am currently spinning a silk, angora, cotton blend.

I sent about half of my fiber to a mini mill this year to create my limited edition yarn for sale. I am so freaked out about what it will look like when it comes back. I am so used to the hand look that I hope I don't hate it.

Cynthia
12-05-2008, 09:01 AM
I saw some beautiful buffalo roving at our fiber fest - I was really lusting after some beautiful fingerless gloves they had for sale actually wish I had splurged and gotten them - maybe next year.

If you do get some, let me know how you like working with it.

Today, I plunge into my beautiful roving

MoniDew
12-06-2008, 08:08 AM
ooooooooo, aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

I haven't got a clue about spinning, but I do love natural fiber yarn! Keep me in mind if you ever decide to sell some of your yummy creations! (by the way, I will trade tea for yarn!! LOL!)

Cynthia
12-15-2008, 10:01 PM
I've got a long way to go before I am ready to trade - but thanks for thinking of me.