PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody else heard of this nonsense?

Kittikity
12-08-2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?search=Search&searchText=&craft=0&cost=Any&subcategory=24&componentCategoryKey=Any&categoryKey=&yarnClass=Any&size=&publisher=&edition=&searchType=0&I3.x=31&I3.y=11&I3=Search

The post below mine about a law against handcrafted toys!

Garden Green
12-10-2008, 01:38 AM
I went to the site to read the article but I can't find it. The link you posted takes me to the free patterns.

Kittikity
12-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Yes, the first post is mine and goes to the free patterns.. I was refering to the following post after mine.. The stuff the person quoted..

gardengirl72
12-12-2008, 12:24 PM
What happened, I don't get it. I looked on Silvermoon and I didn't see any other posts. I saw photos deleted. Is that what I looking at?

Kittikity
12-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I apologize.. I apparently posted the wrong link..
http://homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=282998

That's the link to the post saying there is now some sort of law about hand crafted items.. Again, I apologize.. I've got a lot of things going on with all the projects I'm starting lately and I guess I didn't pay attention to the link I posted..

MoniDew
12-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Consumer product safety blah, blah, blah.

Doesn't mean you can't make 'em and give 'em away, just that you can't sell them until they've passed the proper inspections.

Please don't let it stop you from making things for your little ones and granddarlings.

Kittikity
12-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh, I'm not.. I'm still going to learn to make those toys and give them to charity.. I doubt a church or charity orgaization is going to turn me in for trying to help.. Besides, like somebody else said on that post.. How in the world are they going to enforce that? I just think it's ridiculous that they're just making another blanket law that is probably going to hurt people or companies.. But I don't have any grandkids yet.. My oldest son is only 13.. lol

plantoneonme
12-13-2008, 06:17 AM
I believe the law is in regards to those that sell toys because of the scare with lead and other harmful things in toys from China recently. There are already laws regarding things such as children's sleepware must be fire retardant when sold in stores but it does not go as far as saying if you make pjs that they must follow the same standards. With children's toys that we make, common sense goes a long way. I make sure that all parts are appropriate for the child receiving.

Kim