PDA

View Full Version : HI from Pittsburgh, PA

holliet79
09-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi, my name is Holly and I am not a gardener yet, but I want to be. I found this site when I was researching garden growing and the use of chickens and I have been truly inspired by Patti. I love the site and can't wait to start my garden using some of her techniques. In fact, I just ordered a few chickens and can't wait for them to arrive. :)

gardengirl72
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Welcome Holly, thank you so much for signing up. Get a little quick container garden going for fun, no expectation, no disappointment. There is still time! Just plant some Kale or Broccoli plants. I planted a stir fry mix of Asian greens.

Ask any question and take pics for us!

AbbeyLehman
09-08-2008, 02:55 AM
Hi Holly! I understand your excitement--I'm *still* pysched every day about all the possibilities--especially when Patti breaks it down for us simple folks! :D Definitely document your chicken progress with pics for us--I haven't gotten any yet and would love to see how it goes for you!

Fred's Fine Fowl
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Holly,
I'm curious as to what sort of chickens you ordered and where you're getting them?

I'm up in Erie County and am a poultry breeder, including hatching eggs. If you need anything at all, I'd love to hear from you! I'm also the 4-H poultry advisor for Ag. Region 1 and a licensed poultry technician.. so, I'm here if you have any questions at all.. I love to help!

Welcome to the forum... there are lots of wonderful people here!

Fred