PDA

View Full Version : How do you make popcorn?

ecogirl
12-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I really want to eat homemade popcorn made by myself! Can someone kindly type out a recipe for me? Thanks! ;)

Garden Green
12-12-2008, 01:10 AM
I make popcorn on the stove often and its real easy.

I coat the bottom of a large heavy pot generously in oil or butter, after it is good and hot, to the point where you can see the oil moving on the bottom of the pan but not smoking, add 1/2 cup of popcorn, put a lid on it and then start agitating the pan back and forth over the heat. You need to keep it moving almost constantly so that the water inside the kernels can get excited enough to start popping. When you're down to a pop every two seconds, you're done. Remove from the heat and give it a moment so that you don't have pop corn flying across your kitchen when those last few kernels go.

We salt, pepper and sometimes throw some garlic on ours, then munch down.

If you're interested in growing your own popcorn, I recommend the Japanese Strawberry variety.

Hope this helps!

ecogirl
12-12-2008, 02:12 PM
How do I make toffee popcorn then? Do I just melt some toffee and mix it together?:confused:

Garden Green
12-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Pretty much. I prefer to do that in small batches as it can get really messy really quick. The key is to drizzle. Don't dump. Dumping makes it clump and breaks your popcorn up. Drizzle and toss gently.

ecogirl
12-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Ok, Thanks!