PDA

View Full Version : January Square Foot Gardening Tips

gardengirl72
01-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Check out this video of Mel Bartholomew that I hosted and put together. Please leave comments and rate the video's so that Youtube will show them to more people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpqVUnU3_c4

Please show your support!

Thanks,

Sinfonian
01-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Great start of a season's worth of tips. The only thing bad about it was the fact that there won't be another one until February. hehe

Garden Green
01-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Great collaboration with Mel. A series of videos gives us all something to look forward to every month!

Backyard Permaculture
01-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Good Video

When it was finished, other videos on gardening were offered to see, including backyard growing of Marijuana.

HMMM

I definately will pass on that one.

Ron

Sinfonian
01-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Great start, but it only made me want February's now, hehe. I know, patience isn't one of my strong suits. If it weren't for noticiable growth in plants I wouldn't be interested. Guess that's why I'm not into trees so much.

Anyway, I hope Mel didn't see my article and get mad. I really don't know anyone in real life or on forums that goes "by the book".

Great work, can't wait for the next one!

gardengirl72
01-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you all for the support. I don't think he will be mad about the article. It is very supportive us his methods.

I consider myself a square foot gardener and I am sure Mel considers me one too. Mel is an engineer and always looks for ways to make things better. He has a very flexible and brilliant mind, and I am thankful to have learned so much from him.

carmin
01-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I enjoyed the video. I am a fan of his since the early 80's (and of you now). I do have an 4' x 8' square garden, unfortunately I can't afford the wood and that much vermiculite to make more but I do follow his suggestions in the rest of my garden space as to the spacing. I also never walk in the planting area so my soil is just great. I'm looking forward to the tips in the coming months. I do use the vermiculite in the proportion he suggests for my potting mix. It works great for the seedlings.

plantoneonme
01-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I can't wait to see the rest of them!

Kim