PDA

View Full Version : Hello From El Paso TX

giovanna
01-01-2009, 06:12 PM
HI, I had my own first garden when I was 8, a project my father started to keep me busy while my mom was pregnant for my baby sister, her 6th and last. Anyway I am now 51 and still at it. I moved from Ohio to Texas in 2005 and I have had a lot of learning to do about growing in this climate. I love gardening, crafts, and collecting. I am in school and disabled, so they say. I love to trade seeds and learning about heirloom seeds and plants. I would like to get started in making sterling silver jewelry too but I haven't had much time to pursue it yet.

gardengirl72
01-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Welcome Giovanna! A pleasure to have another crafty person around. There are quite a few people gardening in that climate on the boards here. I hope everyone can share tips about it.

You can get free heirloom seeds from me right now. Check out the seed swap thread.

plantoneonme
01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi there and welcome! I developed my love of gardening at a young age also. I am passing on this love to my granddaughter, Jordan, who at the ripe old age of 4 is experienced by 2 years. This past year she was an incredible help not only to me but to anyone else she saw out working in the yard.

Kim