PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Wisconsin!

Miese
09-07-2008, 10:43 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Patti at the Independent Garden Center show in Chicago a few weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to seeing her again in Portland at the Garden Writers symposium.

I live outside Madison, WI on four lovely acres. When we keep up with it, the garden and yard produce a lot of food for us, and we'll eat our own frozen, dried and canned foods throughout the year. This year a relentless work travel schedule and the most brutal mosquito swarms in my memory kept us from planting as much as we're used to. We're still making the best of it, though.

I am an avid knitter, and I like to make hats (since they don't take very long). Also in the pipeline will be a hoodie made from a local Wisconsin angora/merino yarn, and (hopefully) a mobius cowl made from hand-dyed alpaca yarn. Yesterday I went to the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival, and I had a lot of fun picking out locally produced yarns.

Ani
09-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi Miese! I'm a knitter as well. I'd love to see pics of your projects. You should post some over on the knitting/fiberarts board. Welcome to the forums!

gardengirl72
09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Welcome Miese, I would love to see pics of the wool too.

AbbeyLehman
09-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Hi Miese!!! *waving wildly*