PDA

View Full Version : Hey all you bloggers out there!

plantoneonme
01-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I am very computer stupid but want to start my own blog. Can you point me in the right direction? Maybe something I can EASILY post pictures to as well.

Kim

gardengirl72
01-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I think that the easiest by farm is blogspot.com. I love it. It is very easy, almost drag and drop.

I can not wait to see it!

Kittikity
01-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I second blogspot.. It's what I use..

plantoneonme
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I wish I had know it was so easy. I started my blog today...well sort of...I made a basic page and a very brief welcoming statement. I need to get to be as I have to work 12 hours tomorrow. In a couple days, I'll start my ramblings.

Kim

plantoneonme
01-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey check it out! I am now a blogger. I am fresh at this so there isn't much but this is an exciting new venture into cyberspace for me. Kim

http://plantoneonme.blogspot.com/

Kittikity
01-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Good for you! It's so fun, isn't it? I've had a blog for about 8 years.. Although that's mostly a personal one and it has large gaps in it.. But now I have my farm blog and am enjoying filling it up with my mini adventures..

nandmsmom
01-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm not a very good blogger, but I like it for me. I like that I can keep track of things with it. Blogger has been very easy to use and easy to navigate as well.

plantoneonme
01-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Sorry for the excessive posts but I am trying to get my blogspot link to be clickable.

darn didn't work....help! Kim

trying again

oooppss, looks like it already was...didn't seem so in some of my posts...told you I was computer stupid

plantoneonme
01-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry for the excessive posts but I am trying to get my blogspot link to be clickable.

darn didn't work....help! Kim

trying again

oooppss, looks like it already was...didn't seem so in some of my posts...told you I was computer stupid

Still working

ok I give up :(

Kittikity
01-04-2009, 01:14 PM
try this -without the spaces in the url tag..
[url ]http://plantoneonme.blogspot.com/[ /url]

plantoneonme
01-04-2009, 01:24 PM
try this -without the spaces in the url tag..
[url ]http://plantoneonme.blogspot.com/[ /url]

Thanks kittykity, giving it a try....btw love your blog...next thing I need to figure out is how to follow. Kim

YEAH! It worked!!!

Kittikity
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM
That's easy.. Go into your dashboard and scroll down a little and there's a spot that you can put the blogs you like.. Just below that is a link that says "What is following?"

ecogirl
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
If you want help I'm an expert at using blogspot (blogger) If you want to ask me anything you can just reply to me on this post.

-Ecogirl

plantoneonme
01-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Thank you all for your help. Eco are you sure you want to help? I may just drive you nuts figuring this stuff out :D Kim

plantoneonme
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
If you want help I'm an expert at using blogspot (blogger) If you want to ask me anything you can just reply to me on this post.

-Ecogirl

Ecogirl, how do I get Patti's widget on the left side of my page instead of just on the journal entry for the day? Thanks Kim

Kittikity
01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I can answer that one.. Go to your dashboard where it lists your blog.. It will have a link that says layout.. On your layout it will have links that say "Add a Gadget".. When you click on that it will pop up another window that has a list of things you can add to your blog.. Text windows, slideshows, blog lists, etc.. I used the "text" gadget.. It will change to a new window that looks like what you use to make a new post.. You can choose to give it a title if you wish.. I didn't.. But you just copy and paste the html code for the widget in the main field and click save.. But make sure you click the gadget link on the side and not the gadget link on the bottom or the new gadget will go on the bottom of your blog..

Good luck!

plantoneonme
01-05-2009, 03:13 PM
I can answer that one.. Go to your dashboard where it lists your blog.. It will have a link that says layout.. On your layout it will have links that say "Add a Gadget".. When you click on that it will pop up another window that has a list of things you can add to your blog.. Text windows, slideshows, blog lists, etc.. I used the "text" gadget.. It will change to a new window that looks like what you use to make a new post.. You can choose to give it a title if you wish.. I didn't.. But you just copy and paste the html code for the widget in the main field and click save.. But make sure you click the gadget link on the side and not the gadget link on the bottom or the new gadget will go on the bottom of your blog..

Good luck!

Awesome it worked! Thanks Kittykity!!!

ecogirl
01-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Ecogirl, how do I get Patti's widget on the left side of my page instead of just on the journal entry for the day? Thanks Kim
You seem to have a 2 column template
So you need a 3 column template but all your widgets will be deleted in this process

ecogirleco.blogspot.com

ecogirl
01-07-2009, 11:06 AM

Even though I'm telling you how to do something incredibly different. I think you should do this on your site to make your site more smart!

1. Go on layout-page elements
2. Header-edit
3. choose a image from your computer (make your own header image like patti's)
4. Uplaod
5. Save
Voila! your own customised header!

ecogirl
01-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks kittykity, giving it a try....btw love your blog...next thing I need to figure out is how to follow. Kim

YEAH! It worked!!!

You can also go on kittykity's awesome site and click on follow this blog-follow as plantoneonme and then click close and you'll be following kittykity's awesome site!
By the way I love your site kittykity! Try following my header trick!

plantoneonme
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Even though I'm telling you how to do something incredibly different. I think you should do this on your site to make your site more smart!

1. Go on layout-page elements
2. Header-edit
3. choose a image from your computer (make your own header image like patti's)
4. Uplaod
5. Save
Voila! your own customised header!

I don't see anything that says Header-edit. I am in Layout, Page Elements. All it will let me do is Add and Arrange Page Elements. Am I missing something?

Kim

ecogirl
01-08-2009, 03:07 AM
I don't see anything that says Header-edit. I am in Layout, Page Elements. All it will let me do is Add and Arrange Page Elements. Am I missing something?

Kim

On page elements
Under the navbar there should be somthing saying "your blog's (header)"
And on that icon it should have a link going to edit and should say "edit"
Cick on it
Then follow my tips!