PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions

plantoneonme
01-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok I hate making New Year's Resolutions since the vast majority of people, including myself, rarely keep them. Although, this year I am making a few pledges...

1. Make wiser choices when eating. This will be accomplished in quite a few ways. I am expanding the garden this year so will have more organic, fresh fruit and vegetables available.

2. Rejoin my diet support group. I would like to lose about 60 pounds and know I cannot do this alone. I am now back on the day shift at work and will sign up with my old pals the third Tuesday in January.

3. Get some money saved up for emergencies. We were living very close to the edge this year but the coming year has offered us a few promises. As part of my new job, I am required to work 3-12 hour shifts a week of which 2 will be every weekend. As a bonus for working every weekend, I am getting a raise of $500 a month. I will put away at least 3 months of bills for emergencies.

4. Reduce debt. I pledge to continue to spend money wisely. After the savings account is up to par, I will use the extra to pay off debt.

5. Play more! I love having the grandkids over and with the new job will get to spend more time with them. They make me younger...cannot say I am all that old but it never hurts to get outside and play.

Here's to a bright beginning of 2009!!!

Kim

MoniDew
01-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I also made a number of resolutions this year. With all the intention in the world of keeping them. But have I?

1) exercise daily (number of days I've exercised thus far, zero! The weather here sucks. I bought myself a little eliptical last year for last year's new year's resolution. Did I do it? NO! I'm still 80lbs overweight!)

2) make better eating choices (been able to do this one yet? NOPE! try living with a housefull of twenty-something year old boys. They only eat pizza and burgers. )

3) terraform my backyard into a gigantic garden (started yet? NOPE! I got as far as setting up the composter and marking the spot.)

4) grow my small business (that's gonna be a NO. We had a car repair after we slid out on the ice, cost over $500. Lost our roof in a mini tornado, still fighting with insurance over that - but likely more than $1000 out-of-pocket. And my computer crashed again yesterday - my computer guy says it's gonna be cheaper to replace the dinosaur than repair it again, and you know that's gonna be $$$$)

So, I'm thinkin', probably ought to not make any more resolutions, huh? LOL!

plantoneonme
01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Dont' give up already! You can start again today. Pick just one resolution and get cracking. I am adding exercise and feel I can squeeze in at least 10 minutes a day. I can waste this much time just waiting for my car to warm up. Kim

HomesteadBaker
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Monica... get those 20-something young men out there to bust up the ground for you!! I jokingly (sort of) tell my son that I have ownership papers on him (birth certificate) and he is slave labor as long as he lives with me!!! He is a good kid, though, and I generally only have to ask him to do something... rarely ever is there a battle over getting him to do anything. We have already discussed MY PLANS for the backyard... I got a less than enthusiastic "okay" on my request for his assistance, but I know he will help. LOL