PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central Florida!

FloridaHobbyFarm
01-14-2009, 08:14 AM
THANKS PATTI for your inspiration! My husband and I moved to our mini farm 12 years ago and haven't really done alot here...we just love the peace and quiet! But since I have been watching your videos....here I go!!!!!

We mainly have been an animal sanctuary. We have chickens, tiny pot belly pigs, 2 miniature donkeys, 1 sheep and I just got a Dexter cow, can't wait for her to have her baby so we can have fresh milk...yeah! We also have exotic birds and lots of other fur babies running around.

We just fenced off a area of about 1/2 acre and my husband is building my raised beds....can't wait for sping! I already have a very large compost area and a large worm bin. We also have a long grape arbor and about 20 mature fruit trees. I also just planted 5 blueberry bushes and 8 banana trees!!!!

With the way the economy is going it is sure going to be nice to have my own fresh veggies and fruit.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Jenny

Kittikity
01-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi Jenny.. Welcome from another central Florida resident..

gardengirl72
01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Jenny, it sounds like you live on my fantasy farm. I hope to someday move to the country and have a nice mini farm like you. I am glad I inspired you to do more as well.

I have been super curiouson raising a pig for meat as well.

Garden Green
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow, nice orchard you've got going there. Welcome to the group!

plantoneonme
01-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I love pigs! I always wanted my own pet pig since I was a little girl. I was allowed to keep one as a pet during the summers when I lived with them. Unfortunately on year I went to visit during the holidays and my cousin told me we were eating my pig. I called him a liar and smacked him good (I was 10). It was that day I learned a hard lesson in life that pork=pig. Boy did I cry alot. I vowed never to eat pork again...that is until that same brat cousin later told me the ham we were eating is also pork.

Glad you could join us. Kim

MoniDew
01-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I love pigs! I always wanted my own pet pig since I was a little girl. I was allowed to keep one as a pet during the summers when I lived with them. Unfortunately on year I went to visit during the holidays and my cousin told me we were eating my pig. I called him a liar and smacked him good (I was 10). It was that day I learned a hard lesson in life that pork=pig. Boy did I cry alot. I vowed never to eat pork again...that is until that same brat cousin later told me the ham we were eating is also pork.

Glad you could join us. Kim

LOL! Hilarious!

And welcome!!