PDA

View Full Version : Worm Bin Video is Launched!

gardengirl72
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
The video inspired by this messageboard Worm Bin is up. Please watch it and rate it so that youtube shows it to more people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjjuYNilM60

Thank you so much,

PJJ
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Watched it, loved it, rated it!

Patti,

I was wondering..... Will it have a lot of drainage coming out the bottom or will the lid contain it?

I've never had a worm bin but I want one.

Thanks for another great video.

Penny

gardengirl72
01-14-2009, 04:42 PM
It is more of a mild seepage than drainage. I am working it closely. Thank you so much for rating! Ratings and comments are the lifeblood to my youtube channel, so thank you so much for taking the time.

Garden Green
01-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Great video, Patti! I didn't think it was too long at all. It was just right for the purpose of the video. Keep up the good work!

shebear
01-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I forgot to rate it........boo on me. But I liked it. Worms are easy if you follow the rules. They are so cute when they are little.

JudyH
01-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Patti -- loved the video. I rated it and commented too. Thanks for these very informative videos :)

ecogirl
01-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Does it only eat kitchen scraps?

shebear
01-15-2009, 10:11 AM
No they eat the newspaper and cardboard too but they can only process so much, so unless you have alot of worms, you will probably have too many kitchen scraps.

herb girl
01-22-2009, 10:26 PM
No they eat the newspaper and cardboard too but they can only process so much, so unless you have alot of worms, you will probably have too many kitchen scraps.

Watched and rated patti, great job.

I'd like to know more about the kitchen scraps, how much, how often etc.
My daughter has a worm bin and it stinks horribly!

gardengirl72
01-23-2009, 07:08 PM
If it smells, you need more worms. It takes a bit to find a balance. You really need a few pounds of worms to keep all the smells down.

Backyard Permaculture
01-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Actually, if it smells, you probably have too much "greens" in the vermicompost box, and it is composting anaerobically, and the quicker solution is to add "brown" material to balance it. With everything in balance, the earthworms will multiply rapidly to take advantage of the available food source

gardengirl72
01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks Ron!

plantoneonme
02-06-2009, 06:36 PM
I finally got a worm bin started...don't have the worms yet but they will be my birthday gift. Yeah I am weird but I told my husband all I want for my birthday is worms. He was dead set against having worms in the house but how could he deny my birthday request :D

I wrote about setting one up on my blog and probably wouldn't have done so if I hadn't seen Patti's video first. Kim