PDA

View Full Version : Here is a pick of some tomato sauce and jelly

gardengirl72
09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
This was actually a couple weekends ago. Every grape and berry left on the farm made only twelve jelly jars! Delicious though. I only put in a half cup of sugar and the recipe called for FIVE! Still was perfect.

AbbeyLehman
09-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Looks yummy! How were you able to get it to set in quart jars? Every recipe I've seen calls for pint or smaller....Did you use low-sugar pectin to get away with only 1 cup of sugar? Tell more!!

gardengirl72
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Abbey the Jelly is in the tiny jars with the white lids. I used a no sugar pectin, i just added almost double the recipe.

AbbeyLehman
09-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Duh, I should have read the post more carefully! You doubled the pectin, yes? I have a batch of strawberries I did that didn't set, so I did it again. Didn't set. So I did it AGAIN. STILL didn't set. Now we have thick strawberry sundae topping. :( I LOVE strawberry jam.

rdsaltpower
09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Garden Girl, wife wants to know if you have a recipe for the tomato sauce you canned? We would like to try to can some next year. We use lots of tomato product in cooking since I am on a low sodium diet. Thanks

gardengirl72
09-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Abbey, did you double the pectin?
Salt, I will post that in the next month or so when I finish the video.