PDA

View Full Version : Garden Design Online

shebear
01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
A while back someone wanted software to design their garden so when I saw this info posted in another forum, I thought I'd pass it on.

I played with it for a couple of hours and it's addicting. I have issues with some of the plant list calendar info but the developer is very open to suggestions so I'm going to try to help him tweet for the southern US.

Here's the URL....

http://www.growveg.com/Default.aspx

HomesteadBaker
01-23-2009, 09:51 AM
:eek: You....... you........ you enabler!!!!!!!

ROFL

shebear
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
That's me.....I enabled an entire city into a community garden covering almost 2 acres in alittle over 3 years.

Tomorrow we (meaning 14 National Honor Society students and some gardeners) will be building 3 berry beds in 45 degree weather. (I'm bringing Amish Friendship bread and a whip to feed and motivate...LOL)

I've discovered the secret to getting things done is to listen to the naysayers while nodding and looking deeply interested and then as soon as they relax and become uninterested, doing what you wanted to in the first place. Don't talk about it and by the time they notice, it's become popular and they get excited and join in. So far that method has worked for just about everything I've wanted to do.

gardengirl72
01-23-2009, 06:42 PM
NICE! You are inspiration to ME!

shebear
01-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks but you're an inspiration to me. I want to work on getting chickens and rabbits and maybe some goats to mow the grass at the community garden. It looks like we might get bees next year. The local bee keeping group came by and said we have a great location so all we need to do is work on the officials and hopefully by next year we'll have a couple of hives. I can't wait. We get lots of bees now but it would be great to have a working hive for demos and educational purposes.

Keep up the great work and we can both push the limits!

HomesteadBaker
01-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Wow, you are both an inspiration to me! I have a vision for this 60 x 180 foot lot of mine... to be a local example of sustainable agriculture. I don't think there is anything around that is like what I want to do. I want to be able to bring the school children in to see what you can do with your backyard. I want to get them while they are young and impressionable..... you know, use the "indoctrination" method for somethign good and useful! LOL

Keep coming with the great ideas!

gardengirl72
01-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Great site by the way! I wish I had more time!