PDA

View Full Version : Hola from East Bay N. Cali

Organic Hispanic
01-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Hola Patti,
You have inspired me to go Organic.,so I'm quite not there yet but that is my goal. I live in Castro Valley which is east of S.F. just far enough away from the fog blanket. My back yard has enough room for (4) 8 x 4 raised beds, maybe 5 in 1 section where I plan on starting my garden. I just found your website yesterday & have been absorbing as much info as I can. So if anyone has any advice on getting me started with my sustainable living journey it will be greatly appreciated.....Carlos:)

plantoneonme
01-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Welcome Carlos! If you get a chance, look at as many of Patti's utube videos as you can. Also check out square foot gardening by Mel Bartholomew. It is a great method of growing your own in smaller beds. I had great success last year and am planning on expanding this year. Kim

gardengirl72
01-23-2009, 06:38 PM
What a great name! The Organic Hispanic! Well from one Organic Hispanic to another welcome. I look forward to helping you in your journey to live a healthy and sustainable lifestyle.

Just ask the questions and I will try to give you the answer. We are blessed here at this messageboard with a lot of people that know a lot of stuff. This board is turning into a great resource for shared knowledge and experience.

Welcome again!

Organic Hispanic
01-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for your replies & I 'm definitely gonna check out Square Ft. Gardening. I plan on starting my own blog to keep track of my progress along with some pics. So as soon as the rain stops the questions will begin...:)

To be continued

MoniDew
01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Bienvenidos!

I am only 1/4 hispanic, with a grandfather who was born in Spain, and raised (on a ranch) in Guadalajara, MX. But as a former nutritionist/naturopath, I am 100% pro-organic to the bone. Does that count as an organic hispanic?

Glad to have you here.

Sinfonian
01-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Welcome from a non-hispanic. Well at least my sister-in-law is. Unfortunately I've forgotten more Spanish than I've learned about gardening, but that is a a good thing for the garden, hehe.

I too built 4 similar sized beds in my yard last year. Check out my blog if you want to learn what not to do or how to fix what yo did wrong. Hehe I've made more mistakes than I can count, but it all worked out in the end.

Welcome!

Backyard Permaculture
01-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Bienvenidos de un gringo con el corazon hispano. Me encanta la cultura y el idioma.

Tambien me encanta trabajar en el huerto. Espero tener plantas de papaya, guava y platano en el futuro cercano.

Ron

Organic Hispanic
02-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Gracias a todos. Thanks everyone y Ron platanos?? Que alegria buena suerte. No me imaginaba que podia crecer in Arizona. Me tienes que contar.
Ciao

Backyard Permaculture
02-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Ciao???

Hispano de cual pais de origen?

Organic Hispanic
02-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Ciao???

Hispano de cual pais de origen?

Hey Ron,
I was born in US but all of my family is from Guatemala . I've heard Ciao used by many Latin countries.