PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy worms???

Yomolove
01-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Hello All, I am interested in finding the best place to purchase worms...These will be my first set and I want the best. So please let me know who you think has the best and price.

Happy Gardening

wyo-helpmeet
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't have any comparisons, but I ordered mine from Victory Seed (http://www.victoryseeds.com/joeharmony/index.html). They only ship on M & Tu, so I had them a week & half later as I ordered mine on a Tu. The worms are healthy & live. It was also the cheapest, including shipping, from a company that I TRUST.

Yomolove
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't have any comparisons, but I ordered mine from Victory Seed (http://www.victoryseeds.com/joeharmony/index.html). They only ship on M & Tu, so I had them a week & half later as I ordered mine on a Tu. The worms are healthy & live. It was also the cheapest, including shipping, from a company that I TRUST. Thank you I will look into it

plantoneonme
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Check out craigslist.com in your area. Do a search for worms or red wiggler worms. I found a guy who sells worms that is only about 3 miles from my house. He sent me an email saying he was going on vacation for 2 weeks and when he gets home I can stop by and pick up some worms. I'll be able to see his operation and know what conditions my worms are living in. Also the prices are the same as I have found on large worm sites at $20 for a pound of worms but, I will not have to pay shipping so it will save me about $8. Kim

Yomolove
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Check out craigslist.com in your area. Do a search for worms or red wiggler worms. I found a guy who sells worms that is only about 3 miles from my house. He sent me an email saying he was going on vacation for 2 weeks and when he gets home I can stop by and pick up some worms. I'll be able to see his operation and know what conditions my worms are living in. Also the prices are the same as I have found on large worm sites at $20 for a pound of worms but, I will not have to pay shipping so it will save me about $8. Kim
Thanks Kim... I found it on craigslist... I am just waiting for information on how to get them.

wyo-helpmeet
01-27-2009, 04:07 PM
I didn't even think of that. I never did find any on mine after we moved here. But then I don't find a lot on my local CL, LOL

Garden Green
01-27-2009, 07:35 PM
www.thewormguy.org/

This guy has lots and lots of worms and he uses local waste to feed his worms. He has videos on you tube concerning his worm set up and how it benefits the island he lives on. Their land fill is closed so he goes around to the restaurants and collects their raw food waste. Very eco friendly.

Yomolove
01-27-2009, 08:04 PM
www.thewormguy.org/

This guy has lots and lots of worms and he uses local waste to feed his worms. He has videos on you tube concerning his worm set up and how it benefits the island he lives on. Their land fill is closed so he goes around to the restaurants and collects their raw food waste. Very eco friendly.

Wow I didnt know he had vids on youtube... I will check it out now.... I am now officially waiting on my worms to arrive.

Backyard Permaculture
01-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey, well I have redworms, if anybody would be interested in buying them from me

plantoneonme
01-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Hey, well I have redworms, if anybody would be interested in buying them from me

What do you charge and when can they be shipped?