PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Connecticut!

Kamiljablo
01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey!
My name is Kamil. I am a 14 year old guy that just loves to garden! I am still in High School but I hope to go on to the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I plan to go into the field of botany. I recently started growing carnivorous plants. But I love to grow vegetables and flowers. Since I am 14 and do not have a job or and income, the only way I can try new varieties is threw trading. I hope to make many new friends!

Kamil

MoniDew
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Welcome, Kamil! So glad to have you! Your energy and enthusiasm are contagious!

Do you currently live in the Hawaiian Islands? (Which one?) I admire your educational ambitions and wish you much success with the plans you have for your future.

FYI: Some of our members are already arranging seed and plant swaps. You should be able to find many willing participants. Or, start one of your own!

PS: I have a gardening son, who started growing things around your age. He's nearly twice your age now, 27, so he no longer lives at home. Gotta do my own roto-tilling now. Bummer.

gardengirl72
01-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome Kamil. It is really nice to meet a young gardener. Send me a PM and I will send you some seeds! If you have any questions or anything I hope that we can help.

Kamiljablo
01-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I wish I lived in Hawaii, I live on the other side of the country in the North East! Will do Patti!

Kamil

Kamiljablo
02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Patti I am having issues with the pm button so I used the contact button at the bottom of the screen.

Kamil

Sinfonian
02-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Welcome! Sometimes I wish my 14 year old niece was as responsible and enthusiastic as you are. My own kids are only 4 and 2, but I hope to get them interested in gardening so they grow up to love it.

Let us know how we can help!

plantoneonme
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi Kamil, glad you could join us here. I am in the cuttings swap with you on another forum and loved your pictures of carnivores. Could you post some on the forum for others to see what you have done? Kim

gardengirl72
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
We're working on the PM button. You can email me at info (at) gardengirltv (dot) com

Kamiljablo
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Thank you so much!
Kim- I will need to take some more pictures soon, since those pics are a week old and alot has changed. I cant wait to see my sarracenia bloom! So far 2 of them are going to bloom! I think that they will be magnifiscent flowers! I will post picks of them!

Hopefully this is what they will look like not my pics unfortunately, but I wish they were :D

Sarracenia Leucophylla "Tarnok"
http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/kamiljablo/2458365304_1e4fa3741f.jpg

Sarracenia Flava
http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/kamiljablo/Sarracenia_flavaPCCA20060423-3391B.jpg

This is a beautiful video done by a Carnivorous Plant Nursery that shows the true beauty of North American Native Carnivorous Plants:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2x5oG88lzY

plantoneonme
02-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Those are really beautiful! Kim

gardengirl72
02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Glad you are into Northern Natives. There is still hope for the human race everybody!