PDA

View Full Version : Weather in the UK

ecogirl
02-04-2009, 03:04 AM
Then snow is 20cm deep! I just can't believe it! about 6000 schools in the Uk have been shut because of the weather!

HomesteadBaker
02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you are getting buried in snow like we are here!!!!

We have well over 2 feet on the ground and it is STILL snowing!!!

Be careful and be safe!

Sinfonian
02-04-2009, 10:28 AM
That must be a record there! I know we set 50 year records here in December. I know we have comparable climates so I feel for you greatly.

Stay warm and plan your spring garden.

ecogirl
02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
We haven't had this sort of weather in 18 years! So hopefully there won't be anymore snow!

gardengirl72
02-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Just snowed here in Boston all day yesterday and night, but it was the kind of snow fall that everyone just puts up with and keeps moving. Last night it was so beautiful it sparkled. This morning I had to shovel, but it warmed me up. So all I can say is try and enjoy it. Seems like one snow storm everyone in the UK will have stories about. Share some photos with us if you have any.

ecogirl
02-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Today it's light snow in the UK. Pretty cool, sort of rain and snow!

MoniDew
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Wow, What a year it has been, weather-wise.

I certainly can sympathize with all of you! Ours was last year. We had an ice storm so bad that all the branches broke off all of the trees, and the power lines collapsed throughout the entire northeast corner of the state. We were without power for a week. Lived in front of our fireplace with lanterns. That's when I realized the importance of tea! LOL! :D

I still have my neighbor's tree branches in my backyard. The higher-up branches are still working their way loose to come down to the ground. A YEAR later.

Wishing everyone warm thoughts and LOTS O' TEA! LOL!

ecogirl
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
That sounds worse than us in the Uk! But there was a flood in a few countries in UK in about 2008 summer. It caused a lot of hectic things! Hope 2009 will have better weather.