PDA

View Full Version : Got the Square Foot Gardening book!

leydaleon
02-07-2009, 06:26 PM
I am soooooooo excited! It has so much info. :D I go the old version, used. I was reading reviews about the book and it is said that the old version is better than the new one. So I got it at a local bookstore (that sells used books).

Can't wait to share with my neighbors! :)

NO WONDER PATTI RECOMMENDED IT! IS EXCELLENT!

Sinfonian
02-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Cool! If the old is anything like the new, you can skip the first half where it "convinces" you to try it.

Enjoy!

kitsapFG
02-08-2009, 02:25 PM
The old version is definitely a much better book. I gave away my "new and updated" version because it was missing so much information that was presented in the original. In the desire to "sell the idea" and to make it uber simple - the new version lost way too much in the translation. (just my opinion).

I use my older version alot - in fact it is dog eared from use.

gardengirl72
02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Mel is really proud of his New Version. But now I want to check out the old version. Just the excuse I need to go to a used book store. One of my favorite things to do.

kitsapFG
02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Patti - you really should look for it. I loved Mel's series on Public TV that he did in the 80's - very informative and well done. The book I have is a 1981 print - and it is excellent.

Sinfonian
02-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Hmm, I may need to check the Half-Price book stores around here to see if I can't locate the old version. I for one could have done without the convincing, since I already was excited to try the method. And if there's something missing in the new book, I want to find out what it is...

Great more shopping... grr. Hehe