PDA

View Full Version : the BEST incubator... hands down (">

Fred's Fine Fowl
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Everyone... I know there is another thread with "incubation" in the title, but this unit deserves it's own in my opinion.

If you would like to scoot directly to the video so you can "see it" this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y_UGeoNU64

I'll tell you personally, I wish they had these 10 years ago! I've been successfully incubating the eggs of ducks, chickens, guineas and even the mighty Emu... for many years..

I also receive countless e-mails regarding various hatching issues/problems. Many of these e-mails come from school teachers and pre-school directors.

It's the same... we lost power... my chicks failed to hatch... what temperature did you say? we forgot to turn the eggs for three days, is that a problem?

One teacher in L.A. couldn't get in to tend her incubator because all her students had left school to protest in the streets over immigration issues and she wasn't safe to visit the school.

Another really outstanding 6th grade teacher, had all his students super excited about their "incubation project"... then, a well meaning student adjusted the temperature and cooked the embryos... resulting in another "can these be saved" e-mail to yours truly...

So, today, dear would-be chicken hatchers... the Genesis Hova-Bator Model 1588 is the answer to many problems and is my current Top-Pick in hobby level incubation.

1- the Genesis, has a large and very clear top section for viewing without bumping kids heads together and dislodging a fellow students glasses.

2- stopping the fiddlers in their tracks, the unit has no external temperature adjustments... a digital, and very accurate, thermostat is pre-set by the manufacturer for chickens.

3- Uh-oh... a storm comes through and out goes your power?! Just when you were going to have a [I]perfect[I] hatch! Well, cry no more, this unit is actually 12v DC. Why is that important? Well, car, tractor, boat, snowmobile and motorcycle batteries are also 12vDC.. this means, if you lose power, there is an adapter for a battery backup! Plug in the adapter to the top of your unit, clip onto a battery (sealed type) and walla... your eggs are safe. Power comes back, just disconnect from the battery and then re-connect your primary cord and you're right on track.

4- Have to leave your incubator for a long weekend? Automatic turner.. a must for any incubator unit. Not unique to this ensemble, but you have that also.

Another thing is, I like the shape of it... why? Well, forced air units circulate air inside, I have no less than four table top units with square corners! The Genesis, has nicely rounded corners, which is condusive to smooth air circulation... round is best, but this is an improvement. Plus, rounded corners are nicer to "look" at... who knows why?

So, my friends... if you are starting off with incubation, for whatever reason and would like to head off disaster. This is the unit I recommend without reserve. No tweaking, or thermostat watching, fretting... it's ready to go, right out of the box.

Someone is going to ask... so Fred, where can we get it?
Glad you asked!

by phone: 1-800-720-1134 it's model 1588, tell them Fred sent you!

Oh, this is not an advertisement and I do not receive benefits for promoting this unit.. I just love it!

you can see current pricing on the web or even order by going to www.StrombergsChickens.com They ship fast and have fantastic customer service.... Murray McMurray doesn't carry it.... sorry.

I hope this is helpful to you.... teachers, it's a win-win.

Did you actually read this far? Thanks! Fred

Kittikity
02-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Another awesome video, Fred..

Fred's Fine Fowl
02-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I really appreciate the feedback, so glad you enjoyed it!

HomesteadBaker
02-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Great video! Funny, I looked at that incubator on Stromberg's before I saw the video! LOL

P.S. Nifty shirt, Fred!!!!!

Kittikity
02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
LOL I noticed the shirt too!

Fred's Fine Fowl
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
If you end up getting one, please write back and share what you liked or didn't like about the unit...

Share incubation/hatching experiences here... others will be interested in your experience.

Thanks for commenting!