PDA

View Full Version : REUSE! Because You Can't Recycle The Planet.

Stayvocal
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone,
One of my strongest passions is helping others and another is reusing. So, I decided to start a company based on those ideas. I run STAY VOCAL, a reuse company. Our mission is to encourage people to reuse whenever and wherever possible. Currently, I am living in MA.
That is all,
Thanks!
-Alex

gardengirl72
02-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks Alex, what does you company do? I am fascinated by my green neighbors!

msmel5180
02-12-2009, 03:27 AM
That's a great idea. I'm trying to incorporate this concept into my garden center/florist store. I put up a sign saying: "Re-cycle your used vases here". I have been amazed at the items people are bringing in - from vases, cookie jars, plastic planting pots, jelly jars, etc. I give them a 20% off coupon on their next purchase of 1 item. I bleach the vases, and I am able to reuse them on our floral orders.. and I give the plastic plant pots to customers to reuse. This proves to me that people are ready to make changes to do their part in this project.
Here's to a better world. Let's spread the word!

Sinfonian
02-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Welcome! I look forward to hearing your ideas! I'm always looking to do things better.

MoniDew
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
coolness! I'm reusing my cardboard egg cartons as seed starters right now! LOL!

shebear
02-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Hey I did that too Monica. After planting them, I put the egg cartons in the compost pile. They were the cardboardy kind of egg cartons.

Another thing to tell people Alex......when buying a product, think about the trash it will create. Like the egg cartons. I refuse to buy the foam ones.....and I write the company and tell them. It's hard to recycle foam and the other cartons work OK. I try to buy glass, aluminum, tin, paper and plastics 1 & 2 and pass up anything that isn't packaged in something that can't be recycled. It a small thing but small things add up.

I work hard at cutting down my trash and finally had one week with NO trash. Everything was either recycled or composted. I didn't think I could do it. I've also cut my water consumption in more than half this year. I'm so amazed at how it hasn't seemed like I've suffered either. Just new habits and a few changes.

plantoneonme
02-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Alex, hope you can teach us a little more about things people don't normally think about recycling...such as your hair. Kim