PDA

View Full Version : Spare time

ecogirl
02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
What do you do in your spare time apart from gardening?

MoniDew
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
spare time?!

Run a small business
Read to my grandchildren
Knit
Drink Tea
Read
Watch TV
Walk in my neighborhood
Make a general nuisance of myself.

HomesteadBaker
02-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh my..... let's see.... spare time NOT spent gardening.....

*Read about gardening
*Look at the neighbor's yards and mentally plan the garden's they "should" be planning!
*walk
*take care of my Mom
*pester my son (the joy of my life!)
*talk to the stray cat that follows me everywhere
*drink tea (yeah, Monica!)
*chat with friends

Sinfonian
02-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Spare time? That's a good one. I garden. That's my hobby. I guess in my spare time I blog about gardening, research gardening, you get my drift. Oh and I read on the bus, or post to garden forums like now. Hehe. I don't consider time spent with the family to be spare. It's purposful.

shebear
02-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Spare time.......I build things for the garden or sort seeds or read about gardening or maybe if I'm really desperate I crochet something.

Warlord
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Spare time eh?
Lately I've been
watching Garden Girl videos
reading & commenting on peoples posts on Garden Girl
posting my stuff on Garden Girl
responding to comments made on my posts on Garden Girl
otherwise I try to get to the gym.

ecogirl
03-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Nice! These all relate to each other! In my spare time, I read books, check gardengirl's website, knit or crochet and maybe a little more gardening. I like doing sports as well!

gardengirl72
03-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Warren, You Rock!

On my end...spare time...what's that?! Everything I do is interrelated to Urban Sustainable Living. Is it horrible that my child schedules time with me in my date book to go to the book store, movies, and just plain mommy time? Coraline the movie was an eyeopener, but my daughter said she didn't feel like Coraline at all because "she is loved"(Coraline's parents neglected her to work on their gardening catalog). Phew!! I'm doing something right!

MoniDew
03-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Patti, I don't think you have anything to worry about. As many times as we have seen your daughter in your videos, we all know that the two of you are bonded at the hip! You're a fantastic mom! and a wonderful role model for your own daughter, and girls/women in general.

Warlord
03-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks Patti. I too have two adorable chidren (both girls) that I love and cherrish. There does seem to be too little time each day to get everything done and still make time to spend with the wife & kids. Thats why I get done what I can and what I can't I don't worry about. With the Lord's help I want to make sure my wife and daughters know they mean more too me than anything. Warren