PDA

View Full Version : Dallas, TX Here I Come, Feb. 21

gardengirl72
02-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Everyone in the Dallas area, I hope you will all come out to North Haven Gardens This coming Saturday, February 21st at 12:30pm. I'll be there talking about Urban Gardening and signing copies of my dvds, pictures, body parts... I've never been to Texas so I hope to see many of you there. Check out http://nhg.com/Events.htm#February for the details. It's free! Please RSVP on this thread if you are thinking of coming so I know to look for you.

shebear
02-15-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm planning on being there. I really like North Haven so I was glad to hear you teamed up with them.

So how long will you be here? Are you planning on site seeing?

HomesteadBaker
02-15-2009, 08:55 AM
How cool! That's not far from where my brother is stationed. I'm afraid I can't go to support you though..... the 21st my son's 18th birthday and I have to put on a dinner party for his "sweetie" and her parents.

MoniDew
02-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Dallas is as close to me as you will likely ever be, so I would really like to come down so I can meet you! It's still a five hour drive away, but I've already told (not asked, told,) my husband that I'm gonna go. LOL!

But that was before both of us got this year's version of the flu. We're not supposed to go out in public and spread it around. I'm not anywhere near as sick as he is, and I will likely be well by then, so I am still wanting to go.

I guess it remains to be seen how it will all work out. I hope that I can go.

gardengirl72
02-16-2009, 07:49 PM
My workshop is at 12:30, but I have to head out around 2pm. Boston/Dallas flights are few and far between. I plan on being there around 9 or 10am 'til about 2. Hope snow isn't in the forecast and I can't fly out of Boston. AHHH! I'll post an update if that happens.

shebear
02-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey Patti I'm bringing at least two friends with me to see you. Might get another one or two depending on their schedules.

Hope you don't get snowed in!

MoniDew
02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm going! Leaving in about 20 minutes!!! See you all there!!!

HomesteadBaker
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want pictures!!!!!!

Praying safe journeys for everyone!

MoniDew
02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
After driving for 10 hours within the past 24, I'm about ready to collapse. But I just wanted to tell everyone how precious Patti is in person! She's the real deal. Just as sweet and genuine as she appears on camera. She made me feel like I was the only person that mattered.

OH, and she's like 4'11" and weighs next to nothing! She's, like, less than a size '0'! What a mighty mite!! Knowing how tiny she really is, now I am TOTALLY impressed with all the work she does: constructing, lifting, hauling, toting! MAN!

I met SheBear, too. *waves to SheBear*. And a few of Patti's other fans. There's no doubt that people know who she is! She was signing autographs and kissing babies like the celebrity she is! So fun to watch! LOL!

Had a fantastic time. SO GLAD I was able to go! Wish I had brought my camera! Sorry that I don't have any pictures to share.

Thank you for the safe journey prayers. My trip, both down and back, was flawless. Car performed perfectly. Found a hotel, meals, gas, potty places that were clean, etc. Your prayers were effective and appreciated.

I'm off to collapse in my own bed after a long weekend. I'll check back in with everyone later.

Sinfonian
02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Great to hear! Hehe, who'd of guessed she's that petite.

I sure wish she'd get close to me, but not likely to happen. Hehe.

Glad you got to meet her. It doesn't surprise me that she's great in person.

gardengirl72
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
What a great trip! I am still recovering. And thanks Moni, it was a true pleasure meeting you and everyone else for real. For the record though, I am 5'2" and a size three, every inch counts when your short.

And I was kissing babies! He wanted a kiss so I gave him one. Rich is Port Washington and Henery's Garden Center near you? I may be on my way there some time soon.

I always tease people and say I am much taller on their computer screens. If I can do it, you can too.

Best new quote from the day-- Real Foodies Grow their Own

As you can tell, super busy. Rest tonight and then off to start working on the next magazine. Hope you like the new video, I think it is hot!

MoniDew
02-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Whoops! I stand corrected! Never deny a woman her 3"! Or her size 3! LOL!

All I know is, next to her petite-ness, I look like an elephant. Makes me even more determined to lose weight, get in shape, eat healthy, and use my garden for all three!

shebear
02-23-2009, 08:34 AM
I had a great time. Patti is so small I could bench press her. Of course I'm always carrying around heavy sacks but she is petite.

It was great meeting friends online. Monica is tall. She looked great even if she doesn't think so. I don't buy into that too thin thing. Of course I'm overweight but it's coming off slowly and I'm as strong as a horse so I'll just keep plugging away.

I loved that quote too. North Haven is great and all the folks are so friendly and helpful. I heartily suggest them to Dallas folks.

Barri

Sinfonian
02-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Ah, Sequim, it's about 40 miles as the fish swims. Hehe. I can't say I go there often as it is definitely a "destination location." It's a ways from anywhere, which is why people love it there.

Depending on when you make it out there, I may take the opportunity to check out some garden buddies' gardens over there on the peninsula. I've been looking for a reason to make it over there.

Glad you all had fun!

gardengirl72
02-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Moni you are beautiful and I was so happy to meet you face to face.

MoniDew
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
ah, p'shaw!

I was DELIGHTED beyond words to meet you, too! MWAH!