PDA

View Full Version : Hail from the Pacific Northwest!

alittletouched
02-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm very excited to be here, to be perfectly honest! I've been gearing up more and more as spring approaches, and this is the one of the many steps I've taken to curb my overflowing excitement with the season to come.

While I've always been a green thumb, I've hardly ever gotten a chance to run rampant with a garden of my own. Last June I finished building my home. Too late in the season (I felt) and too broke to do much even if I felt confident enough to, I have fermented in the many months since, waiting for the chance. Planning. Dreaming.

I love to research, but when it comes to my backyard and the glorious garden it longs to be, I'm tired of researching and ready to get in there and actually do! I'm bouncing in my seat at this very moment, hardly able to contain the energy waiting to burst out in the direction of the yard.

I joined the message boards because I wanted to be able to talk with like-minded individuals, but more than that I joined for the cumulative knowledge of you all. I may have researched like crazy, but there are so many things that only experience can teach you. I want to be able to have the support that a community like this provides, so that when something starts freaking me out (and it will) I will be able to ask questions here in the forums and be confident that there will be helpful answers. Plus, to share my successes with others will be very fulfilling.

I can't wait for spring, I can't wait to learn, and I can't wait to start joining in conversations! Thank you!

Brandy

Mindzle
02-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I am in Portland, just wanted to say welcome to another resident of Cascadia!

alittletouched
02-15-2009, 08:35 PM
I live in little old Poulsbo, across the pond from Seattle, very nice to meet you! Portland is a beautiful place, I really want to take the train down there one of these days and explore to my heart's content.

plantoneonme
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Brandy it is nice of you to come join us. Research is good but getting your hands dirty is even better! Kim

Sinfonian
02-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Welcome from a like minded individual in Seattle! So glad you've joined us. I too love chatting about gardening! Anytine you like I'd be happy to oblige! I hope to hear about your new home, how exciting, and your garden area / plans!

Enjoy your garden!

ecogirl
02-20-2009, 04:42 AM
Nice to meet you alittletouched! I guess you researched about Patti to get to this site!

gardengirl72
02-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Welcome Brandy! Nice to have you here. Thank you for signing up!