PDA

View Full Version : Patti Knits Like I Do! LOL!

MoniDew
02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Her recent video shows her knitting flat on circ's, totally do that myself. And she knits scarves longwise, on 200 stitches - totally!

Tell me, do great minds think alike or what?! :D

HomesteadBaker
02-16-2009, 08:09 PM
LOL

I knit on looms. I am left handed and no one can seem "turn things around" to teach me. Wonder if there are left-handed video lessons? LOL

ecogirl
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
lol! I knit scarfs with normal needles and hats with a crochet hook.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knit-stitch
I found this and on the "continental method it is also known as the german method or LEFT-HANDED method. So I think you should look out for methods called continental method!

HomesteadBaker
02-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Cool!!!!!!! Thanks, I'll check it out!

PJJ
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
lol! I knit scarfs with normal needles and hats with a crochet hook.
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/knit-stitch
I found this and on the "continental method it is also known as the german method or LEFT-HANDED method. So I think you should look out for methods called continental method!

This is a good website! I reference it often. I have been knitting for 36 years. I'm still learning!
I am right handed and I learned to crochet first so it is more confortable for me to hold the yarn in my left hand. I knit in the continental method. I believe it's called "throwing".

Check out the website. I think it'll help you.

There are also LOTS of knitting videos on utube.

Penny

MoniDew
02-18-2009, 11:59 AM
I love that site too, and I participate on the message board there as well. I think the way they teach lefties is with a mirror. If they don't already have a video for lefties, try watching the ones for righties in a mirror and follow along with what you see in the mirror.

Hope that helps.

PS: Current project - top-down, in-the-round, raglan-sleeved, scoop-necked, "baby doll" style, empire-waisted pullover. In a gorgeous ocean green!