PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Pennsylvania

reneec83
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi,
My name is Renee and I live just north of Pittsburgh. I really just started getting into gardening this summer. Right now it's all in containers, as we live in a townhome, but my back deck and front porch are FULL of plants. I have annuals, houseplants spending the summer outside, and some veggies, (tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, cucumbers, and a bunch of herbs). It has been so neat to make dinner with thing that I grew.
I have always been "into" sustainable living, but have become more aware of all of the little things that pollute our world and I'm trying to make changes in my life. I try to REDUCE and REUSE as much as possible. I've also cut out store bought cleaning products and have been making my own. (My Grandma didn't have any "fancy" cleaners and her house was ALWAYS sparkling clean.) I still need to find a natural laundry soap and dishwasher soap though. I've also been buying more beauty products that are healthy and natural, no parabens etc...
We're looking at buying a home soon, and I can't wait to be able to have a big garden to tend. I also plan on getting some chickens, and have already ordered some of the books that Patti suggested.
take care

AbbeyLehman
09-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi Renee!! I won't hold that whole Pittsburgh thing against you, don't worry. LOL

Nice to meet you, I'm from Cleveland..... LOL

reneec83
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh....well the Steelers will be there next week to kick some butt!!!!! LOL
So I won't hold being from Cleveland against you. :)

Thanks for the hello,
Renee

AbbeyLehman
09-09-2008, 02:20 PM
We'll let you win this one to get your ego up, then we'll crush you next time :D

Not likely, I know, but it's fine to play LOL

gardengirl72
09-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Renee, thank you for checking in. Please post some pictures of gardens. In terms of a soap. Check out this product. Soap Nuts. I was skeptical at first, so I used it on my husband and daughters white socks, and it worked really well. And it is has a wide variety of uses.

I bought it www.soaptonuts.com.

Share some pics!