PDA

View Full Version : Lets do a round robin seed swap!

plantoneonme
02-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Is anyone interested in doing a seed swap round robin?

This is so much fun and you will get a better variety of seeds for this year's planting. The rules are simple...

Send in seeds to me...I will swap them out and mail back to you.

vegetable, herb, fruit (edibles) only

10 seeds per pack of smaller seeds such as radish, broccoli etc

5 seeds per pack of larger seeds such as melon, pumpkin etc

an 1/8 tsp of very tiny seeds such as carrot

up to 5 of the same variety can be sent in...Even if you only have , lets say, 1 type of 2 different seeds you can still join there is no minimum.

make sure to clearly mark the type of seed and name if known (plastic baggies sold in packs of 175 at Michael's that hold beads work great or homemade paper even)

you may send commercial or OP collected seeds

seeds no older than 2007...older seeds may be sent in to clean out your stash but will be used as bonuses and not considered part of the swap

you may also send in packs of odd number of seeds to be used as bonuses for example I may not have 10 tomato seeds to send but 3, I can send this as a bonus but will not expect anything in return (place bonus seeds into a baggie labeled BONUS please)

you will receive back the same number of packs you send in (less bonus seed as there is no guarantee I will get as many as you send)

you may send a wish list but no guarantees

seeds must be placed in a commercial bubble envelope with proper postage affixed (please have the post office weight and place postage)

place a return address label and return postage into the bubble envelope equal to what it cost to mail your original envelope...add a couple extra stamps if you want bonuses

place a list of what you sent along with your name, address and email information in case I have questions

I will try to not send you back the same seeds you sent....the more people who join the less likely this will happen!

send me a direct email at sportsalibi at yahoo dot com (replace at with @ and dot with .) Also a quick note below letting us know you are interested...and in case your email gets sent to my bulk emails (darn yahoo sometimes)

I will send you my mailing information.

Bubble envelopes are to be mailed so I receive them by March 2oth.

I will swap out the seeds and mail on or before March 25th.

Most importantly lets have fun and get some new varieties of foods to eat! Come on you know you want to join...many of us have received seeds from Patti recently and wouldn't you just love to share what you have and get different ones in return??? I got french themed seeds...want some???

Kim

p.s.
If you have extra food type seeds and do not care if you get as many packs in return, I also belong to Need4Seed which sends seeds (at no cost) to people who need them. If you would like to make a donation, please feel free to send them but marked DONATION (in a baggie works good). I will make sure to send these to Need4Seed and tell them the donations came from the generous people here on this forum.