PDA

View Full Version : Collecting compost=Witch doctor,huh!

Blossome
02-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, I thought this story so funny I had to share. I've been collecting coffee grounds at work for free compost. I figured that my co-workers would think it strange, but not of me cause I'm always doing things different. Well some of my co-workers understood but many didn't. Well while collecting the grounds for the night one co-works says. Blossom is so funny she's using trash for her garden. I said will it's not trash it's coffee grounds, she said like I said it's trash, while speaking to another co-worker. She's like a little witch doctors she comes to work with her little herbs and sticks and makes medicine, well I just fell out laughing. I don't know if I should be offened or just chuck it up as her ignorance anyway, Co-worker is looking at her strange and he says well I throw egg shells in my garden all the time. She say's why? I explain the process and she says why would I put rotten food on my new food that growing doesn't make sense to me and walks away. Me and co-worker look at each other amazed.

Hopes this gives you a laugh.

Sinfonian
02-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Ah the ignorance. If it weren't so prevallent it wouldn't be as funny.

All I can say for your co worker is I hope she doesn't end up like 20 million Chinese I just read about that have lost their middle income jobs and are forced to farm. They say they wish they knew what to do because their lives depend on it.

Not funny, but makes you think.

Thanks for sharing!

ecogirl
02-21-2009, 05:48 AM
Some people can be so ignorant sometimes! Hope she learnt from you!

Blossome
02-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow! Thanks for the bit o knowledge I didn't know about that happening in China.

Kevin
02-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey Blossom, That is funny,It's amazing how detached most people are from their food supply . Hey one bit of advice though ,Don't educate them too much . They are liable to start taking your free coffee grounds. Good Luck , Kevin

MoniDew
02-21-2009, 08:30 PM
oh, geez! Ah, well, you've got a friend in me, Blossom. I like anybody who makes their own herbal medicine and dumps trash on their garden.

Blossome
02-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey Blossom, That is funny,It's amazing how detached most people are from their food supply . Hey one bit of advice though ,Don't educate them too much . They are liable to start taking your free coffee grounds. Good Luck , Kevin

LOL, I didn't think of that.

Blossome
02-21-2009, 10:14 PM
oh, geez! Ah, well, you've got a friend in me, Blossom. I like anybody who makes their own herbal medicine and dumps trash on their garden.

Thanks MoniDew :)