PDA

View Full Version : Things that bug me.

MoniDew
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
It bugs me that my local recycler won't take my organic salad clamshells. I have tons of them, and now they have to go into the landfill.

It bugs me that my local recycler won't take my organic, free range eggs clamshells. Same reason.

It bugs me that Oklahoma is so far behind the rest of the country when it comes to organic anything! I can't get decent garden soil. But I can get soil with all kinds of crap in it!

It bugs me that I can't prevent my neighbor's windblown overspray of chemical herbicides from getting into my yard. (my children, my dog, oh, yeah, and my organic garden.)

It bugs me that in my neighborhood, I am viewed as some kind of commie freak for being environmentally conscious. Oklahoma - you need to GROW a conscience!

It bugs me that I feel all alone, all the time. (wish I had more self-esteem.)

plantoneonme
02-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Monica those clamshells make great little greenhouses for starting seedlings. If you cannot recycle them you could at least find another purpose for them. They are also great for wintersowing as well.

Seems kinda ironic that they are selling organic anything in something so bad for the environment:rolleyes: Kim

ecogirl
02-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Monica those clamshells make great little greenhouses for starting seedlings...

Thats what I do Kim!!

MoniDew
02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Monica those clamshells make great little greenhouses for starting seedlings. If you cannot recycle them you could at least find another purpose for them. They are also great for wintersowing as well.

Seems kinda ironic that they are selling organic anything in something so bad for the environment:rolleyes: Kim

THANK YOU for the excellent idea! And yeah, it is ironic, isn't it!

MoniDew
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I have to add one to my list.

While walking in my neighborhood, I noticed that the normally straw-colored grass at this time of year is turning all the technicolor, tell-tale signs that the lawn crews have been out. I've seen bile yellow, leprechaun green, and day-glo' orange, depending upon whether they are spraying herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizer. Yummy. Smells like a chemical dump when I walk down the street now.

Sinfonian
03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
So sorry about that. Just be a rebel and folks will come along eventually. I can't hardly remember that time in Seattle. I know it was like that, but it was a while.

Ah, now I really feel sorry for the Seattle Sonics... er... OK Thunder. They can't even recycle.

Good luck and keep your head up!