PDA

View Full Version : Is this too elitist?

gardengirl72
03-03-2009, 07:25 PM
I have been thinking about pre-releasing videos that are seen on a "exclusive basis" here like a week before my weekend big release.

Is that wrong, or counter intuitive. I enjoy reading this message board and the personalities here that I was wondering if that would be cool, but not elitist or pretentious.

This is a Pretention Free Zone.

plantoneonme
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
I have been thinking about pre-releasing videos that are seen on a "exclusive basis" here like a week before my weekend big release.

Is that wrong, or counter intuitive. I enjoy reading this message board and the personalities here that I was wondering if that would be cool, but not elitist or pretentious.

This is a Pretention Free Zone.

IMHO, I don't think there is anything wrong with allowing your registered members to enjoy viewing your videos early...as a matter of fact, it may bring in more members. With more members we have more opinions and more ways to help each other out and pass along the message many of us share. Kim

ecogirl
03-04-2009, 02:59 AM
I don't think it's any prob!

boyd3
03-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I'd love it!!! As it is, I humbly await the email from youtube telling me when you upload it anyways

gardenjoinery
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I can't imagine a problem. Anyone can register here, after all.

MoniDew
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
IMHO, I don't think there is anything wrong with allowing your registered members to enjoy viewing your videos early...as a matter of fact, it may bring in more members. With more members we have more opinions and more ways to help each other out and pass along the message many of us share. Kim

I have to agree.

Warlord
03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I say the sooner we can see them the better. I can't imagine you being an elitist. Anyway you are the administrator you can do what you wish. Not everybody will agree on everything. We take and filter their constructive criticsm and move forward. Warren

gardengirl72
03-05-2009, 06:25 PM
All right then here we go! I just hope that when the big "release"happens that folks remember to comment and help hype it later and not help grow this little thing. (100,000 views last month!)

JudyH
03-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Oh Patti, I think that's an awesome idea :D Plus we promise to go and watch it again when it's offically released too (so we can comment, etc). I still go back and watch some of your videos from last year.... they are a great reference tool (and very inspiring!)

Sinfonian
03-09-2009, 02:41 AM
I totally agree with Judy. I sometimes go back to watch old videos for a 3 minute garden fix. And no matter how many times I watched the March video looking for inspiration, I still watched it right when it "came out". Hehe.

Warlord
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
In the future it would be nice to see a best of Garden Girl series or better yet a best of Garden Girl dvd. It would be a nice look back over the years of how the show has evolved. Keep up the wonderful work Patti. Warren :)

gardengirl72
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Warren, you can by my four hour DVD at Olive Barn (http://www.olivebarn.com/gardengirltv-dvd.html) if you like. Thank you again for the support! That'll drive your wife crazy!

Karen
02-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I just bought and watched your DVD last week and loved it, even though I'd seen some parts of some of it online. Any plans to make another big one like that?

Karen in Md