PDA

View Full Version : spring cleaning time

Warlord
03-06-2009, 12:07 PM
It has begun! 99% of our snow is gone, it's a warm 56 deg., and the sun is shining. What a wonderful day to clean up outside:D! The yard looks like a wasteland with all the old leafs, dead grass, and sticks all over the place:eek:. I will eventually have to rebuild our compost bin and remove an old stump from out of the garden later on this spring. Right now I'm just raking leaves, picking up old junk and staightening things up. After we give the yard a good going over we will get back to cleaning up the inside of the house. We will clean the hardest areas first which would be the basement and the attic. This ought to keep us busy for a while. What we find that we don't want will go into the yard sale pile;the recycle bins; or the trash can.:( I regret that we can't recycle everything. I will post my recycling questions later. Any tips that you out there have on spring cleaning I would like to hear. Warren:)

Kitty
03-06-2009, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Warlord;4215] It has begun! 99% of our snow is gone, it's a warm 56 deg., and the sun is shining. What a wonderful day to clean up outside:D! The yard looks like a wasteland with all the old leafs, dead grass, and sticks all over the place:eek:. I will eventually have to rebuild our compost bin and remove an old stump from out of the garden later on this spring. Right now I'm just raking leaves, picking up old junk and staightening things up. After we give the yard a good going over we will get back to cleaning up the inside of the house. We will clean the hardest areas first which would be the basement and the attic. This ought to keep us busy for a while. What we find that we don't want will go into the yard sale pile;the recycle bins; or the trash can.:( I regret that we can't recycle everything. I will post my recycling questions later. Any tips that you out there have on spring cleaning I would like to hear. Warren:)[/QUOTE

Hello Warren,
It's very nice to meet you! I'm new here.
Why not use your last year's autumn leaves for your garden this year. They are so beneficial to use and not to mention being so pretty and colorful to admire in the Autumn. I'm already getting ready to rush through spring and get right to summer. In my area I don't start planting my garden til June anyways! Quite often I feel I'm still waiting inside til the middle of May for the weather to get nice.
Have fun cleaning!
Kitty

Kitty
03-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi again Warren,
I posted my message under quotes by mistake.
Sorry:confused:
Have a wonderful day filled with bright sunshine:)
Kitty

MoniDew
03-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey, Warren, when you get finished there, could you come over here? :D ;) :p

Warlord
03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Thats ok kitty. I am just learning how to navigate around on different web sights. I'm sure to make a blunder or two. Hope to here from you again soon. warren

Warlord
03-06-2009, 08:10 PM
That would be quite the drive. Maybe next year. not!:p Talk to ya later. warren

ecogirl
03-08-2009, 06:24 AM
In the UK, we have to wait a bit longer till spring cleaning as our weather isn't as good as yours!

gardengirl72
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Spring was in the air here in Boston last weekend. My whole family and neighbors came by and helped clean up the garden. It felt great to get out there again and my muscles felt it too. I moved my chickens and rabbits around. The weather was great but didn't quite defrost everything. I knew not to do too much because Monday morning we got covered in snow again. I'm glad I have my seedlings to worry about. I'm so pleased with how they are coming along.

MoniDew
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
same here! we had one WARM week (like summer) then, back to 32o today! BRRR!

CRAZY!!

Wish I could get bit by the spring cleaning bug. My family would certainly appreciate it if I would! I hate to clean, always have, and my house shows it! LOL!