PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with an order from Seeds of Change?

MoniDew
03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
So far, I have been promised, and yet failed to be delivered approximately half of my seed order from Seeds of Change. And, half of what I did receive failed to germinate. I'm having issues!!!!:mad:

They are supposed to be one of the good guys! I wish they'd act like it!

I just wrote them a nasty letter demanding a refund for the undelivered merchandise. Who wants to bet that will be ignored? :eek:

Anyone else having issues with Seeds of Change?

gardengirl72
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM
That's why you should order my seeds from Olive Barn;). You have to remember that heirlooms in general don't have germination rates like GMO seeds or even commercial bred varieties from places like Burpee. Having said that all my seeds are coming up nice! (Except my hot peppers, probably too cold for them, even in my indoor set up)

Love Ya

Lynn
03-12-2009, 05:51 AM
I just ordered amaranth from Seeds of Change. I hope there won't be a problem.

Everything in my greenhouse froze. February was way too cold here in W.PA! I'm new at using the greenhouse so it was a "live and learn" experience. I do have spinach, kale, purple sprouting broccoli, leek, swiss chard in the house and ready to go in the hoop house.

Sweet Million tomatoes, Principe Borghese (sp?) tomato, Ancho Poblano chile peppers, chocolate bell peppers, slim jim eggplant under lights.

MoniDew
03-12-2009, 10:22 AM
if, somehow, I manage to get my refund, I will ABSOLUTELY be ordering YOUR SEEDS, Patti!!!

gardengirl72
03-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks Moni, I hope you get your seeds though. I still no very little about using a greenhouse. I hope to one day get one going and learn that "art" as well.

MoniDew
03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
so far, my nasty letter has been ignored. no reply from Seeds of Change. Pro'ly stuck in their legal department! HA! LOL!

Cynthia
03-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I have had great results with SOC in years past and this year too. Did you call customer service? If you are ordering live plants, they have very specific ship dates - don't know about seeds having a specific ship date though.

I was just thinking about the wonderful Sand Springs Herb Fair - oh how I love the herb fairs around Tulsa in April. Maybe you can supplement whatever you need at one close by.

Good luck

MoniDew
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
ooh, that's a fantastic idea. (and a far more positive attitude than mine!) thank you.