PDA

View Full Version : SPI Market Garden in St David Arizona

Backyard Permaculture
09-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I am finally open as a Market garden in St David. I currently have Fresh Pastured Eggs, 4 kinds of vine ripened tomatoes, cucumbers and green beans.

gardengirl72
09-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Show us a pic of your farm stand. Farm stands are key to community sustainablility, and of course basic to permaculture.

Backyard Permaculture
09-13-2008, 05:34 PM
My Market garden, so far is not so formal, or is it manned full time. By Trade, I am a cabinetmaker. My shop is next to my house and next to my garden. It is pretty much a U-pick operation.

I am still painting signs to hang on my fence so potential customers will know I exist.

I have already had some sales due to a group I started already some months ago on yahoo Groups ( go to http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SPIMarketGarden/?yguid=165971300 ) which I had invited Garden Girl to join, more as critic than as a customer.

While my summer garden was not as successful due to a lot of summer rains and the weeds being successful due to the summer rains, but I decided regardless, I would start selling to the public. I am hoping to succeed in following Elliot Coleman's recomendations for a fall and winter harvest, since my zone 8a is substantially milder than his.

Ron

gardengirl72
09-14-2008, 11:58 AM
You should have a better fall harvest, weed seeds have already germinated and you have a relatively mild climate. Post a pic of your signs when you get to it.