PDA

View Full Version : My not so simple hoop house

plantoneonme
03-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I have a new hoop house in my raised bed. I wrote about how to make one and my adventure in making one. If you take the time to read it, you will find out that sometimes a simple project turns out to be quite complicated. Kim

http://plantoneonme.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-adventure-into-hoop-house-building.html

gardenjoinery
03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
You've got the hoop house, in any event!

plantoneonme
03-18-2009, 04:18 PM
You've got the hoop house, in any event!

Yes I did and I already planted out some lettuce...I'll see how they like the upcoming weekend when the temps will be in the upper 20's. Kim

Garden Green
03-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Very cool. I look forward to following along with your new hoop house and what you grow in it.

gardengirl72
03-19-2009, 03:29 PM
It looks like a perfect hoop house! That blog is great too. Husbands can make it complicated...measured drawing...whats that? I don't think I have a drawing for any of my projects, just me and a tape measure and some graph paper...mostly for notes.

plantoneonme
03-19-2009, 06:54 PM
The hoop house was put up at just the right time. I received a super huge amount of plants in a swap I was in. I was able to plant up the things already rooted and place them in the hoop house. I have tons of cuttings in my propagator....hopefully I will have enough time to get some rooted before things get hairy around here.

It does look like my garden will not expand this year as my husband is very sick and will most likely be hospitalized very soon and will have a long recovery (if he receives his miracle). I will need the stress relief of working outside so will plant what I can. It will be good to have something to keep my hands busy this summer. Kim

Sinfonian
03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Great looking hoop house! I'm sure your husband was happy helping you. (No, not all husbands are like that hehe).

I sure hope he recovers quickly and am so glad you have your garden (too small as it is) to provide a stress reliever.