PDA

View Full Version : AWOL soon

plantoneonme
03-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted you all to know how much I love this forum and the people on it. My husband and I were told today that he will need another liver transplant. He began all the testing today right after being told the news. He has lots of testing to do over the next couple weeks and then will be placed very high priority on the transplant list. I will check in when I can since I need the stress release but if you do not hear from me you will know what is up.

If you are the praying type, please keep John in your prayers. It is so very difficult to ask for such a miracle, especially the second time, because it means someone else must suffer the ultimate loss. Needless to say we have lots of preparation to do for when/if the time comes he has his surgery. Kim

gardengirl72
03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I am praying Kim. Give John a kiss from me! Love and strength...

Kevin
03-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Kim, Our prayers are with you and your husband John. Best wishes, Kevin and Debra

Kittikity
03-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Prayers and well wishes headed your way.. Keep us posted when you can..

Warlord
03-19-2009, 09:57 PM
My prayers go out to you and your husband. We will all miss you while you are away. :( I already consider you a good friend and fellow Michigander. It's great that you stand by your husband in his time of need. See you in the garden. Warren

ecogirl
03-20-2009, 03:48 AM
Dont worry..I will be praying for him everyday. Hope he gets better!

plantoneonme
03-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Thank you all for your support and prayers. Kim

Cynthia
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I can only imagine how difficult this is for you and your family. We will keep you in our prayers.

MoniDew
03-21-2009, 09:59 PM
My heart goes out to you and your husband during this time. My "pray-er" is pretty rusty, but I send you my heart.

Aspen
03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Bless you and your family, honey. I will pray for a positive outcome to this ordeal and wish you strength. Feel free to unload to me anytime you need an ear.

HomesteadBaker
03-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Kim, you and John both have my prayers! Jehovah Rophi is still alive and well and is still the God that heals!

Garden Green
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck.

plantoneonme
03-23-2009, 10:08 PM
I will be checking in a little more often for the next couple weeks anyway. John has testing arranged for next week and the following week. We have to wait for the insurance company to approve the transplant and then...we wait.

gardengirl72
03-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Just thinking about you!

Uke_Mochi
03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Warlord
03-29-2009, 09:53 PM
You and John are still in my prayers. May the Lord sustain you and your family in this time of need. warren

plantoneonme
03-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers. Just home from the dentist for both of us...John has to make sure his teeth and gums are healthy and me, well I broke 2 teeth in 2 days :( One could be repaired and the other had to be removed...unfortunately there will be a hole where there was once a tooth for a long time to come since there is no way to come up with $875 for a bridge :eek:

Tomorrow and Friday John has testing all day and on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I work 12 hour shifts and will check in as I am able. I am finding a little time though to get outside and am so happy with the hoop house. I planted out some seedlings a few days ago only to have an unexpected snow storm yesterday...I am happy to report things are alive and well under the hoop. I am so happy we took the time to make it!!!

I am making updates to my blog as able and I hope you get a chance to take a peek from time to time. Hugs all, Kim

plantoneonme
04-21-2009, 05:57 PM
John is going into the hospital on Monday for a procedure to remove a very large polyp from his colon. It is very risky due to his condition which makes him at high risk for bleeding and/or perforation of his colon. We are working hard to get the gardens ready before his procedure just in case he has any complications and needs to be hospitalized for more than the 3 days planned. Please keep him in your continued prayers for a safe and easy procedure. Of course I'll let him you know how he does. Kim

MoniDew
04-21-2009, 07:44 PM
will be keeping you in my heart (prayers)

plantoneonme
05-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Well we finally got some good new (I think) around here regarding all the medical problems in the family.

First, We thought John was not going to get his transplant and were preparing to make his last few months the best we could. The colo-rectal surgeons refused to do the surgery necessary to remove the polyp so his transplant could be done. Well his transplant surgeon feels that since he has a high degree of certainty the polyp is benign, he himself is willing to do the surgery. We are aware this is extremely risky and that John has a 30% chance he won't make it through surgery but, he had 100% chance he would die without the surgery so he is willing to take the risk. Before the surgery is done though, the transplant doctor wants to get him listed for transplant so if he immediately goes into failure, he will get the next available transplant (that is if the polyp comes back benign).

Second, Our daughter in law, Shawna, has an extremely large ovarian tumor that also must be removed. Her doctor feels there is a good chance it is also benign. There is a good chance they will both be hospitalized for surgery during the same time but at different hospitals about 30 miles apart...somehow I will have to split myself into little pieces to cover all the places I need to be at the same time between work, 2 hospitals and helping to care for my granddaughter. Not sure how but I will work it out.

Third, My sister Tammy is having surgery on Wednesday to remove an infected appendix...somewhere else I need to be.

Fourth, My son has to have all 4 wisdom teeth and 2 molars removed on June 1st. He had to go on antibiotics for 2 weeks first because the molars are infected.

All I can say is I hope I make it through the next couple months so if you don't see me around for awhile, you will know what I am doing. Kim