PDA

View Full Version : A vegetable garden in the White House

Cynthia
03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
There has been a big push to get the Obamas to have a garden and it's going to happen!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/dining/20garden.html

Kittikity
03-20-2009, 03:14 PM
This is awesome.. It will really wake people up to how they can provide their own food..

Aspen
03-20-2009, 06:16 PM
I saw this today and was thrilled! How incredible that our First Family is setting such an example. Maybe more folks will get the message that self-reliance and local eating is a good thing.

Cynthia
03-21-2009, 02:12 PM
I agree,
I think this is such a great opportunity for more people to learn about gardening. You are already ahead of the curve because you are doing this for your own family - whatever size your garden.

Get ready, because people are going to want to know what you grow, how you grow it and how they can grow their own food.

Its soooo cool!

riskybidnes
03-29-2009, 08:08 PM
I saw this as well, and although I may not agree with her husband, it was really inspiring what she was doing with the garden at the White House.
I saw this about the time I was deciding to plant a garden and I guess this may have "pushed " me to do the garden. So far I have loved every minute I have spent working in the yard getting the garden the way I want it.

Cynthia
03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
That is very cool - glad it inspired you to take the garden plunge. You'll have to keep us posted on your progress