PDA

View Full Version : Fertilizing

blue72
03-23-2009, 09:22 PM
what is some good fertilize that i can use on corn,tomatoes,peppers,okra,Swiss chard,watermelon,onions and etc...

plantoneonme
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
I used tomato tome on my entire garden last year since I only wanted to buy one bag because I would not need a lot for my small garden. It is organic and the cost was good. I had great yields last year. Kim

blue72
03-23-2009, 10:10 PM
were did u buy it form? and when r u planting outside?

plantoneonme
03-23-2009, 10:40 PM
I purchased mine at a local garden mart but I have seen it at places like English Gardens and others. I bought mine at Young's Garden Mart in Warren.

I have a few things out in my hoop house now, lettuce, beets and spinach. The rest of the cool weather crops will go out in early April. The warm weather crops like tomatoes will go out end of May. Kim

JudyH
03-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I've seen OrganicChoice at Wally World at actually purchased a bag of it. I used it to side-dress some plants and worked it into the soil. It worked pretty well. One thing that I noticed was that it looked and smelled just like the composted chicken poo that I've purchased before (Black Hen).

I can get a huge bag of Black Hen (made by the Black Kow company) for only $6 from the local feed/seed. And the Black Hen is organic. So I get more for my money.

flatlander
03-27-2009, 04:42 PM
I normally use a combination of bloodmeal and bonemeal, which works fine. This year I'm trying alfalfa meal in half of my beds. Organic grower friends that have used it in the past tell me they get good results with it. It's readily available here on the plains and is very reasonable cost wise. Stay tuned for results.