PDA

View Full Version : Help quickly!!!

greenmama777
03-28-2009, 10:37 AM
I went to water my seedlings and when I pulled them out of the seed tray the bottoms are covered with thick, grey/green hair! The surface of some have this moldy looking stuff, too. Do I have to throw away all my hard work? Pls help!!! Thanks

ecogirl
03-28-2009, 10:47 AM
This might be fungus.. I'm not very sure,you should ask someone else!

greenmama777
03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm ready to throw the darn things in the trash at this point unless someone can give me a reason not to. The sprouts were looking so good, too. The chives have what looks like dried, green toothpaste crusted on top of the soil. Hubby says this is probably from the fish/seaweed emulsion I used to fertilize them this past week. Other than the fuzzy stuff all over the place, they look great. IS ALL LOST?

Sinfonian
03-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Green fungus is normal with humitity and moisture and will go away in the sun once they're transplanted.

If you have the grey/white spider web like mold, it's no big deal either. I've heard a peroxide spray or something will clear it up, but it just went away by itself for me. It will not harm your plants. At least that's what all my research told me when I found it.

All is not lost. You should be fine!

greenmama777
03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I can't thank you enough!!!! :D

plantoneonme
03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
I am having the same thing happen to my seedlings. I am pretty sure it is the potting mix I am using. I have the "moisture control" type. I have not used this before and probably will not use it again. It is getting that green mold and it compacts too much. Since the plants look healthy, I will just continue to grow out and when they go into the next size larger pot I will just not use the moisture control type. Kim