PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Collinsville, Virginia

riskybidnes
03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Hello everyone. I found out about this place through youtube. I was looking up square foot gardening and ran across Garden Girl. She is amazing. I watched all her videos concerning gardening. I feel like I learned a lot.

A little about me: I am 36 years old and I have been married to my beautiful wife for almost 11 years. We have two children 10 an 3. I became intersested in gardening because of the high price of our grocery bills, and I would love to be able to provide a little bit for my family. I can remember my grandpa always had a big garden behind his house. It had rows and rows of every vegetable. I used to love the natural taste so much. When I began looking around on the internet to see if I could grow a garden in my little back yard, I was relieved to find out about the square foot gardening ideas. I have already started a 12 ft by 5 ft bed in the back yard and I am considering a couple of 4 x 4 gardens too.( Are these things addictive? :):) )
I know my first bed size is kinda large but I am 6'3" so I can reach the middle fairly easy.
Thanks for providing this site for everyone to learn and grow their own food.
I don't know if I will be able to post much, except to ask questions. So please be kind, I am truely a newbie as I have never grown anything.

Scott K.

ecogirl
03-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Hi Scott! I used to be a newbie at gardening but since I watched Patti's vids and went on this messageboard I then realised gardening isn't acttually that hard!

Blossome
03-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi Scott welcome to the board you will learn a lot here.

plantoneonme
03-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Scott. Glad to have you join us. We were all newbies at one time and in a way no matter how long we garden, there are always new things and techniques to master. Take some time to look at previous postings and you will find so much information it may answer some of you most pressing questions. Kim

gardengirl72
04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Welcome Scott and thanks for your support! Gardening is addictive.