PDA

View Full Version : portable cloche

marcia
04-01-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm looking for plans to build a portable garden cloche to extend the gardening season, here in the Pacific NW.

Kevin
04-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm looking for plans to build a portable garden cloche to extend the gardening season, here in the Pacific NW.

Hey Marcia, Welcome to the forum. By using the term cloche I am wondering whether you are refering to a glass top cold frame or an antique orchid cabinet. If it is plans for a portable cold frame you are looking for , you can find quite a few different designs on youtube ( type in cold frame in their search engine) If you are looking for plans an orchid cabinet , Good luck . When you find them let me know too. Also before you spend too much time and effort on glass enclosures ,you might want to check out patti's hoop house designs in her videos. Good luck , Kevin

Harratl
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
think i saw what you're looking for friend
look like clear row covers or a glass frame
row covers kinda dip in the middle
spetunia@msn.com shows
they are broken from snow but you can get an idea about them
take care and be safe

Sinfonian
04-02-2009, 02:34 PM
All my beds have the same hoop cover setup on them so I can move my bed-sized plastic sheeting covers to any one I need. I also use old windows for temporary cold frames. Someday I'll build boxes for them. As for individual plant cloches, try cutting the bottoms off gallon milk jugs (the clear kind, not Costco's white cubes).

You can see pics on my various blog pages.

Good luck from your PNW neighbor.

Kevin
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
For individual plant bells , you could also use 5 gallon bottled water jugs,with their bottoms cut off. good luck, Kevin

plantoneonme
04-05-2009, 04:47 PM
A hoop house is really simple to build and will extend the garden season. Patti has a video and I have directions and materials on my blog listed below. Kim