PDA

View Full Version : I finally started some seeds this morning!!!

KalenaPlants
04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Surprisingly, it didn't take me long. I ran through the local Lowe's yesterday asking for a seed-starting kit (training wheels, yes, but I'm on the bike now..yay) with a heated propagation mat and he looked at me like I was crazy. When I actually got it and brought it back to him, he said he was releaved that what I was talking about was actually real. He had never heard of it before and thought I was nuts :D!

So, here is the link that'll take you to my MobileMe page since I still can't shrink the photos enough to post in this thread. Let me know what you all think! Thank you all for the inspiration and support!

http://homepage.mac.com/amiraprod/PhotoAlbum203.html

Kalena

MoniDew
04-02-2009, 11:20 AM
isn't it frustrating and rediculous that they hire people to work in departments they know nothing about?! (had a similar experience at a home depot recently...)

Sinfonian
04-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Way to go! Great to see pics of your chosen setup. Nice work! You're on your way now!

And I must say you have ecsquisite design taste! That pond is so cool. You could probably rig a hydroponic system like Patti's using it!

Congrats

KalenaPlants
04-02-2009, 06:21 PM
isn't it frustrating and rediculous that they hire people to work in departments they know nothing about?! (had a similar experience at a home depot recently...)

I know...it's quite hilarious.

KalenaPlants
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Way to go! Great to see pics of your chosen setup. Nice work! You're on your way now!

And I must say you have ecsquisite design taste! That pond is so cool. You could probably rig a hydroponic system like Patti's using it!

Congrats

Thank you! The indoor pond we built about 4 years ago. One day I came downstairs and my mom was knocking out the walls. I said, why not knock out a hole in the floor and put a pond in our sunroom. My mom constructed the box, and I helped her install it. She'sway more handy at that stuff than I am, but I was in charge of the final design. I also got to pick our pet koi Big Mouth and his goldfish friends. Hydroponics may certainly be in our future. We're trying to decide what to do with our pool area. I'm envisioning lots of plant boxes filled with herbs and berry bushes. For now, I await my first seedlings!

gardengirl72
04-06-2009, 11:06 AM
looking good! Suggestion..make sure your lights are as far down as they can be. As you seedlings grow they will grow toward the light and if the light is higher than a few inches from the top of the soil the plats will grow toward the light and become very spindly. As they grow move this lights up slightly until it is time to transplant. The indoor pond is great!

KalenaPlants
04-06-2009, 11:10 PM
looking good! Suggestion..make sure your lights are as far down as they can be. As you seedlings grow they will grow toward the light and if the light is higher than a few inches from the top of the soil the plats will grow toward the light and become very spindly. As they grow move this lights up slightly until it is time to transplant. The indoor pond is great!

Thanks! I will keep that in mind. I'll move the seeds closer to the light. Glad you like the pond! I've been getting lots of good tips. You've got great members on these boards.