PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rural Georgia

gingersnaphollow
04-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Well, if you can call it that! I live in a small town west of Augusta GA, where agriculture used to be its only game, but now it wants to be a big city. So here we sit in a new sub-division on 1/4 of an acre. Most of our yard is in front of our house, so we are growing vegies in the back yard, and dreaming of the day we move to Oregon to live on a real homestead farm.
In our real life, I am an Army wife who homeschools a 14yo ds, 12 yo dd, and 10yo ds. Dd raises Polish rabbits, and is branching out and breeding them. I am pining for Californian rabbits for the freezer and for a few extra dollars (maybe). I am also researching chickens.
Oh did I say, that we have covenants that say NO farm animals and only 2 pets per household. I have already shot that to hell. My closest neighbors have no issues with the animals and the neighborhood kids love to come and see them, but we have one of THOSE neighbors in our sub-division. Too much time on her hands!
We have always used Mel's book for our raised gardens, and I even taught a class for our homeschool co-op last year following his classroom curriculum.
Thanks for listening to my story. I can't wait to meet some of you on this forum.
Angela

plantoneonme
04-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Angela welcome to the forum. Kim

gardengirl72
04-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome and thanks for your support! Please share some pics with us.