PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Cardi for Spring

MoniDew
04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
A cotton cardi for spring - in spite of the fall color. Pattern is made up.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/MoniDew/MoniDewsSpringCardi.jpg

Kittikity
04-05-2009, 03:28 PM
This is really cute.. Too bad you don't have a pattern us newbs can try..

MoniDew
04-05-2009, 06:31 PM
What I did is to use a pattern generator (http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/raglan.html)(uses your measurements) for a top-down raglan sleeve in a cardigan form, then combined it with a stitch that I liked. This one is called a vine stitch, I believe.

I broke at the waistline with a little ribbing in a smaller needle size, then went back to the original stitch pattern (and the original needle size) for a few more inches. I ended with an inch of simple seed stitch to finish. The buttonhole and buttonband I also did in seed stitch.

For the sleeves, I continued with my vine stitch for a little while, and broke with some ribbing (smaller needle) down to the elbow. I added a seed stitch neckband. And I was done!

Because the pattern generator uses your measurements, all garments produced by this method fit perfectly. No adjusting necessary. And it works for any size!

So, now you have your "pattern" for making anything you want. Just add ingenuity and creativity and stir. Bake for an hour and serve.

plantoneonme
04-06-2009, 09:46 AM
You are really talented! The sweater looks great. Kim

MoniDew
04-06-2009, 10:45 AM
thank you so much! (we need a "thanks" button to click on! I've seen them on other message boards - but don't tell on me that I've visited other message boards. :p
It's silly to have to type so much when all you need is one little word.)

gardengirl72
04-06-2009, 10:56 AM
The sweater is beautiful! I love how it tapers.

MoniDew
04-06-2009, 10:58 AM
hehe, I have to create an artificial waistline, since my 4 kids stole my real one. HA!

ecogirl
04-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Did you make this moni? It's beautiful!