PDA

View Full Version : First Gardening Contact Sport

MoniDew
04-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes, the rumors are true! Monica has singlehandedly invented the world's first gardening contact sport: Barehanded hydrangea bush pruning. To be competed in only by those who already hold competition belts in barehanded rosebush pruning, and barehanded blackberry bush pruning. Check out the war wounds!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/MoniDew/barehandedhydrangeabushpruning.jpg

(if you can't tell what you're looking at, it's an out-of-focus, self-shot picture of my arm.)

As my dad would say, "you should see the other guy!" LOL!

KalenaPlants
04-08-2009, 09:23 PM
See, this is why I'm going to stick to veggies for a little bit. lol That looks painful!

MoniDew
04-09-2009, 12:21 AM
yeah, veggies are much safer! LOL! I'm just trying to do some basic yard "spring cleaning" in addition to planting my veggies.

Sinfonian
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Hehe, I can relate.

That looks painful. That hydrangea didn't go down without a fight.

You had me at blackberry pruning. My favorite gloves do noting to stop wild BB thorns. And they itch too, grrr.

Heal up and then go at 'em again!

MoniDew
04-09-2009, 11:33 AM
gardening ain't for wimps! and we've got the scars to prove it! LOL!

Thanks for letting me have a giggle.

gardengirl72
04-09-2009, 02:12 PM
It's happened to me too, but I had to go to the hospital for stitches because I didn't wear gloves.

ecogirl
04-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I wear my fav gardening gloves all the time even when I'm planting a new seed! Blackberry thorns hurt alright!

plantoneonme
04-10-2009, 08:10 PM
yeah, veggies are much safer! LOL! I'm just trying to do some basic yard "spring cleaning" in addition to planting my veggies.

Not all veggies are safe for all of us...that is why I have to wear gloves and long sleeves to pick my favorite veggie (fruit?) Tomatoes! I love to eat them but they do put up a fight with my skin...all itchy, red, blotchy and painful. No they don't go down without a fight but they go down anyway...all the way down to my tummy:D Kim