PDA

View Full Version : spring time in the rockies, we have our first humming bird

kinnisoj
04-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Well its been in the air for a bit but today it officialy arrived,spring time in the rockies. We got our first hum-bird visit today. Last year we had 10-13 feeders, re- filling twice a day. Sugar bill gets a bit high but I wouldnt and couldnt turn them away. So here is my question for the world. What is the best humming bird feeder you have used and I have a reward for a multi station feeder that hooks to a 2 ltr bottle if anybody has any thoughts...Jayson Trinidad Co.

plantoneonme
04-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I would love to have hummers in my garden. I have never seen one in Michigan although I hear we are supposed to have them.

kinnisoj
05-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Well her I am on my second day of vacation, gonna sleep in a bit, get some quality time with the pillow. Heck no Im awake at 0430 thinking about putting in the rest of the onions!( I orderd 600 of them.My wife sais Im Clark Griswold) Or wait should I finish tilling the corn patch (what use to be a old gravel road I might add, you think you got rock problems!).
Last year on July 18th I took the big plung and quit drinking for good.That's not an easy thing for a rough neck whos surrounded by roughnecks to do. But I told my self if I was gonna be sober Id have to find something to do with my time....like till up a gravel road? Well go ahead and mark "get rid of that pesky extra time" problem off my "to do" list.
But as I walk out on the front porch this morning, I hear the birds waking up. My roosters crowing out back and my Great Pryenees is at my feet,and I look out at what might be a award winning crop of weeds coming up, all I cant think of is that quote by a great American thinker...."ITS GONNA BE A GREAT DAY TATER!"