PDA

View Full Version : Picking out a spinning wheel????

angorabunlovr
04-11-2009, 11:02 AM
IM very interested in spinning and i use a drop spindle , but now i want to get a spinning wheel to increase my yarn production;) So far i have narrowed my search down to 2 wheels, the Ashford Kiwi and the Kromski Prelude. I was hoping someone here would be able to help me pick the best one.:confused:

gardengirl72
04-12-2009, 09:49 PM
What kind of spinning do you want to do? The bulkier yarns require a special wheel. I've never used either of the wheels you mentioned. You should try them out before you purchase one because they are pretty pricey. Are you looking for single or double treadle? I use an Ashford Traditional single Treadle wheel. I mostly spin angora, merino wool, silk and I like experimenting with natural fibers. The best part about spinning to me is creating one of a kind yarns. Do you knit as well?

Good luck with the purchase!

angorabunlovr
04-15-2009, 07:00 PM
As of right now I dont knit, but am hoping to learn soon. As you know from my user name I will be spinning lots of angora and sheeps wool. Any kind of sheep wool works for me :) I do crochet and weave and I prefer thicker yarn over thin yearn as its esier to weave. I will be hopefully be going to the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival where i hope to try out those wheels!

MoniDew
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
please let us know when you are "in business." I'd be more than interested in obtaining handspun natural fiber yarns.

angorabunlovr
04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
yay i just ordered an ashford kiwi! it should be here in 2 weeks :)