PDA

View Full Version : curling tomato leaves??

Hydro662
04-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi guys,

I have a Roma tomato whos leaves are curling and twisting, any idea what might be happening??? It looks healty enough and the tomatos are coming in nicely, not ripe yet but other than the curling it looks good, but I know that the leaves arent supposed to be doing that either. Well if anyone has some ideas to throw my way Id appreciate it.

thanks and Cya!!! :)

onesmallshift
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I have/had a similar problem. You can look at the "sick tomatoes" thread to see if your plant is like mine. Others suggested that giving the plants fertilizer would help since they were likely in need of phosphorous. It seems to have helped and the leaves and stems are straightening up. Hope that helps!

mattuu
04-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Hello There,

I'd suggest possibly something you're growing near your tomatoes might be causing the issue. Certain plants don't like tomatoes and tomatoes don't like certain other plants. They love growing near carrot or basil; it might just be companion growing issues. They hate pesky neighbors sadly !!

Might be time to move them to another location. Check the roots aren't being obscured by something thats giving off toxins like an old piece of fencing, or if you're growing in a raised bed; the possibility of the soil being overly alkaline since your last testing. Tomatoes are acid lovers, and for some reason I'll never know; are picky about when they show the fact that they've had a low acidic level soil. In some cases I've had them wilting weeks after I've corrected the issue, it just seems that they don't like change; whether gradual or not.

Regards,
Matt
Gourmet Delights