PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here!

MoniDew
04-16-2009, 06:34 PM
The veggie singles scene:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/MoniDew/hiImnewhere.jpg

Let me introduce you to the new neighbors! Various tomatoes, peppers, and herbs in one of my new raised beds!

leydaleon
04-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice! Can't wait to put mine outside! :)

Sinfonian
04-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Nice looking bed! Can't wait to see it grow!

I too can't wait. I may be trying my best to plant out my tomatoes finally this weekend also. Yesterday my biggest plant got too big for my light system.

Garden Green
04-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Very nice! Looking forward to seeing your garden grow. What kinds of tomatoes are you growing this year?

Kevin
04-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Looks good Monica. I really like the white lattice . Is that thyme and rosemary in the foreground? Kevin

MoniDew
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Good eye, Kevin! The rosemary is actually bred for oklahoma. Rosemary is usually a zone 8, so would be an annual here. But this is bred by the horticulture wizards at the state university, in Oklahoma for Oklahoma. How lucky am I?!

The tomatoes, I'm going to have to get back to you on because all their names are on teeny tiny little tags next to them and I don't remember everything I got. I did get them from a local guy who raises heirloom, openstock, etc. One of them is actually his own. (Randy's Brandy - a brandywine type) I did get a mixture of salad, slicer, and sauce tomatoes and in a few colors. Peppers too are a mixture of types and colors. I truly cannot wait to see the results.

plantoneonme
04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
I hope you get a wonderful harvest...it looks so good so far. Kim

MoniDew
04-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Finally filled the last of the raised beds. Pics are showing a little bit of the transplant stress. But I certainly hope everything revives.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/MoniDew/100_2763.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/MoniDew/100_2764.jpg

plantoneonme
04-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Looking good! I would provide a little shade for a few days if the sun is really bright or the temps are hot to help them out. Once they get established, you should have a great harvest. Kim

Sinfonian
04-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow! Amazing looking garden. Very well done. You'll. Be happy with that setup. I sure would.

MoniDew
04-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you everybody!

I'm glad you mentioned something about providing shade. I had thought of hanging something accross the tops if it got too hot. It's one of the reasons we built a little frame around each bed. The nice thing is that the garden is in the shade of the house in the early morning, but as the shadow moves, they get afternoon sun. The trellises provide not only support, but a bit more shade in late afternoon. (Garden is oriented N<>S) The only concern I have is for the lettuce/salad and the crucivore/brassica beds to not get too much sun. Should I provide shade for these two beds?

plantoneonme
04-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I find the western sun to be more than most lettuce and brassicas can handle with the temps are above 70 degrees. I bet your temps are getting that high already so would recommend some shade. If they get too much heat, they can taste bitter and bolt too soon. Kim

MoniDew
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
ah, okay. VERY IMPORTANT that I cover, then! Will do so a.s.a.p.