PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the starter gardener

Charlotte
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
I am from the southeast. I have three children ages 9 to 10 month. My husband Tracy and I struggle with gardening here in the south, we might have a problem anywhere. Right now I have a mole problem. I went on line and someone said to use murphy's oil soap, cayenne pepper, and caster oil. Is this useless or do I need to get a cat?

gardengirl72
04-29-2009, 09:05 PM
This is the second mole question we've had. I have no experience with moles. Hopefully someone out there has an answer for you. Please let us know what you end up doing and if it works or not.

plantoneonme
05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry (but glad) to say I have no experience with moles. I am thinking that raised beds with a fine mesh wire on the bottom would prevent them from getting to your plants though. Kim

Cynthia
05-24-2009, 04:23 PM
glad to have you here. I haven't heard the oil soap but I have heard of the castor oil (get it from the pharmacy) & dish soap, so the murphy's oil soap might well be right. There is also a product called "mole scram" that might be effective. These are mammals and so cayenne might help too. good luck .